PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wow

The omnia 2 considered one of the worst gadgets on this list... and yet I still want one to bad sprint wont get it

http://gizmodo.com/5431759/worst-gadgets-gallery/

why is it so bad?
Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

hoola is a n00b
Re: wow

samsung and thier horrible horrible ui/software. I really do hate it. I LOVE the phone. If they would have just put it out the doors with bare naked 6.5, i think it would have got better reviews.

On another note. Once an android phone with great resolution, great camera, great mutimedia abitities, amoled,capacitive screen, comes to verizon that grabs my attention,hopefully early 2010, I will be selling my O2 and picking one up. QUICKLY. I really want a capacitive screen. Resistive screens are to clunky. **i have to hit things over and over sometimes**

Im sure there are some that will say, "I never have to hit a button but once ever. Heck sometimes i just have to think about what button i want to touch and it happends. That is how responsive mine is." I've been a winmo user for over 6 years now. Im ready to move on seeing how MS is obviously not.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Pimms is a n00b

Has anyone seen a commerical or print ad for the O2? I've seen a few for the Storm 2, tons of commercials and print ads for the Droid, yet I have yet to see anything for the O2.

The day the O2 came out I called the nearest Verizon store and they had them in stock. On my way there I stopped at Best Buy and they had no idea when they were getting the phone in, nor did they have any accessories for it. As of earlier this week the situation is the same and they still don't carry it on their website.

Why wouldn't/won't they promote? Perhaps Verizon is disappointed in the final product.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio & Samsung Omnia II

TecFX is a n00b

You know what, if you rely on the WouchWiz interface, you have a problem anyway. get Mobile Shell and the phone friggin' rocks! I have it and LOVE it! The lag is not as bad as what people say. the Imagio is a faster phone (sort of) even though it is on a slower processor, but for all the storage and Flash on the phone, it is the best! I did not realize how much I would miss the flash until I bought the Imagio and didn't have it. My pictures suck.

If you are a picture taking fool like I am, you are not going ot be happy having a phone without a flash. Let alone the extra 8GB already onboard! Don't get me wrong, there are always things you can do to make a phone better and nothing is perfect. But, this one is perfect for me.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia2!
Carrier: verizon

godwhacker is keeping up the good workgodwhacker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
The omnia 2 considered one of the worst gadgets on this list... and yet I still want one to bad sprint wont get it

http://gizmodo.com/5431759/worst-gadgets-gallery/

why is it so bad?
it's not bad, teh gizmodians are systemically opposed to A. winmo in general B. doing a little work to either customize or make their phones work better

not that they are bad people, or even wrong in what they think. they march to the beat of a different drummer.

with touch wiz gone, and spb mobile shell on my O2. i couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2

vbrisebo is a n00b

The Omnia 2 is the best phone I've owned yet. Simply turn off the stupid Samsung WidgetPlus interface to get back to WinMo 6.5 and install SPB Mobils Shell and Voila! an awesome smartphone with tons of power and a great UI.

I don't get everyone complaining about the UI, yeah it sucks, get rid of it and try an alternative...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II