PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
To all those having trouble with the Android Market -- that's a problem that should've been fixed in the March 1st XDANDROID package. It's possible 95-civic didn't realize and update (it was just a small fix after the Feb 27 or 28 release); or there might be a separate Market issue afflicting you guys.

Could someone try downloading that package, and just replacing your system.sqsh with the one contained therein, and see if that fixes the market downloading issue?
Hey I can confirm the system.sqh does work with civic's build. I replaced the system.sqsh and it did NOT make the android market useable. You still receive " A server error has occcured Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gangrel_82 is just getting started

i have a quick question, i do not believe it has been addressed yet. if you are not in a 3g area does data still work? I have tried turning off data in wm, removing sim, restarting android multiply times w/o sim in, also searching for network while in android. i still can not get data to work.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangrel_82 View Post
i have a quick question, i do not believe it has been addressed yet. if you are not in a 3g area does data still work? I have tried turning off data in wm, removing sim, restarting android multiply times w/o sim in, also searching for network while in android. i still can not get data to work.
I had the same problem, I had to remove the Sim card for first boot and make sure data was disconnected in windows first before I loaded Android.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=makkonen;1611600]To all those having trouble with the Android Market -- that's a problem that should've been fixed in the March 1st XDANDROID package. It's possible 95-civic didn't realize and update (it was just a small fix after the Feb 27 or 28 release); or there might be a separate Market issue afflicting you guys.

Also I actully recommand downloading the sqsh. file because the battery icon actully kinda works it may not be entirely accurate but my battery was at 5% winmo and it said 10% on android it's worth a shot I highly suggest.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

ok, I knew this was supposed to be buggy, but wow, I still have yet to get it to boot fully and get to the home page, I have restarted it 5 times now and each time gets just a little farther then the previous, but it still wont get to full boot and usefulness
Old 03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

S_C_B is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
ok, I knew this was supposed to be buggy, but wow, I still have yet to get it to boot fully and get to the home page, I have restarted it 5 times now and each time gets just a little farther then the previous, but it still wont get to full boot and usefulness

That's strange indeed....
Mine worked the first time after download.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

I am gonna try and once again reformat and try it like that, 8 times it soft reset, last time it got to home screen, but then reset before I could do anything. I am beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the mightyrom I am running, I am running his impact rom which is his most unstable rom. 6.5.3 and sense 2.5.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

milkycoins is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Either you don't have enough space on your SD card to hold the data partition (256mb) or you have a corrupt data partition. Delete data.img off your sd card, make sure you've got enough space, and start haret again.
Thank you! I figured thats what it was and sure enough did it. I just went and bought a 2 gb SD card ( I was using a 4 year old 512 mb card ) and Android is booting up as we speak. Thanks for all the input!!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

LiquidX,

It could something to with the class of the sdcard. Today is the first time Im trying to boot from my main sdcard which a class2 16gb. Im watching it right now and it has been over 14 minutes and still no colorful nexus X screen still command codes. Normally I use a spare sdcard which a class6 4gb and I boot up in 2-3 minutes.

ps. My first time using my main sdcard via creating a Android folder on the root.

It 16 minutes now and im still looking at command codes...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

S_C_B is a n00b

Forgot to mention that I'm running the stock ROM from Sprint.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, cdma, sprint, touch pro 2, tp2