PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvorak View Post
I've read through the last 20 or so pages and didn't see any mention of this, soo..

Anyone notice that tapping once on the screen (anywhere, on anything, but most noticeable when dialing a number or typing on the on-screen keyboard) will sometimes (frequently) be changed into a double tab? So you hit "e" on the keyboard, once, firmly, and it spits out an "ee"?

Doesn't always do it, but it does make using android rather difficult when probably 30% of my taps are miss-interpreted as a double-tap. or when sliding movements are interperted as a double-tap.

Is there a setting in android that I can use to reduce the sensitivity of the screen, or is this something that needs fixed in the kernel?

Thanks
I've noticed this a bit myself, especially when trying to do tap and hold motions it just acts like i'm tapping on the screen like a squirrel on too much caffeine... in most cases I found that pressing harder on the screen seems to resolve it. Not sure where to change the sensitivity. I don't think its in the settings w/in Android anywhere but it might be in the startup.txt

EDIT: I also just discovered that if you turn the screen off for a few seconds, then back on it seems to stabilize a bit... at least for a little while anyway.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

certifiedsinner is just getting started

lol thanks buddy....
Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

S_C_B is a n00b

Strange, my data icon went from 3G to E and my data stopped.
I restarted, and all is back to normal.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 AM
N00b

ok i can make calls now.. out of airplane mode..now trying to get data working.. phone has been searching for network for long time now..any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
Hey I can confirm the system.sqh does work with civic's build. I replaced the system.sqsh and it did NOT make the android market useable. You still receive " A server error has occcured Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."
Damn. This is what I get for trying to troubleshoot a device I haven't got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
cdma data not working. i see the 3g icon, it says us cellular
, and it shows the arrows moving. i tried reset several times. tried turning data connect and phone off in windows before running haret. any ideas? calls and text are working. soooo close to being used solely.
I'm afraid you're not going to get very far with US Cellular. Something is wrong (probably in the RIL, but a separate issue from all the others) that seems to be preventing correct authentication for cdma carriers that require a username and password for the data connection.

This is all speculation at this point, but the upshot is essentially no one has gotten up and running with data on US Cellular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvorak View Post
I've read through the last 20 or so pages and didn't see any mention of this, soo..

Anyone notice that tapping once on the screen (anywhere, on anything, but most noticeable when dialing a number or typing on the on-screen keyboard) will sometimes (frequently) be changed into a double tab? So you hit "e" on the keyboard, once, firmly, and it spits out an "ee"?

Doesn't always do it, but it does make using android rather difficult when probably 30% of my taps are miss-interpreted as a double-tap. or when sliding movements are interperted as a double-tap.

Is there a setting in android that I can use to reduce the sensitivity of the screen, or is this something that needs fixed in the kernel?

Thanks
This is, unfortunately, just the state of the touchscreen driver at the moment. It seems to be just a little out of sync, so occasionally it confuses long presses with a series of short presses. There's no workaround at this point.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedsinner View Post
ok i can make calls now.. out of airplane mode..now trying to get data working.. phone has been searching for network for long time now..any suggestions?
remove your sim card...
Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i cant get on the market all i want from it is the dolphin browser,anyone know another way i can get it?thank you.

also is there a way to get back to homescreen without having to press back a million times?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
i cant get on the market all i want from it is the dolphin browser,anyone know another way i can get it?thank you
no access to marketplace right now, believe me its coming 95-civic aint no joke. the only way to get apps is thru 3rd party vendor via mobile browser... thats the workaround... enjoy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 AM
N00b

ok worked... thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

ive tried searching both this thread and the xda thread to see if maybe its just a strange issue.... but randomly when loading android on my sprint TP2. the phone will get stuck at a buffer line and wont do anything. i get this when running haret out of WM or using dual boot on a reset. not sure if i just need to reload one of the files or not... but when it goes it works awesome

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, cdma, sprint, touch pro 2, tp2