PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mini-resets troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
Just within the last 1.5 weeks I've been having mini-resets after getting into my car, when the following happens:
1) ExtUSB external power source connected
2) ExtUSB external audio connected
3) ExtUSB headset connected
4) Bluetooth linked
5) WiFi signal lost

I've gone through the same sequence for over a month now without mini-resets until the beginning of last week. I've had this problem with GBX0B and GBX0C and I've tried kernels .27 and .35.

I've attached a log file dump just after the mini-reset happened this morning at ~7:05am (5/9). The mini-reset happens closest to when the device realizes the WiFi signal is lost, so that might be a clue. I would appreciate any feedback of how to resolve or how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!
Have you tried any kernels other than .27 and .35? Both are really quite old at this point, the only kernels still getting updates are the 3.x kernels. I think they're up to 3.3.4.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

auburnham is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Have you tried any kernels other than .27 and .35? Both are really quite old at this point, the only kernels still getting updates are the 3.x kernels. I think they're up to 3.3.4.
Yes, but from what I understand, only 3.0 supports BT, and when I tried 3.0 my phone would not sleep or shut down properly. Do you know of any other kernels that support BT? What Kernel do you currently use?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yes, but from what I understand, only 3.0 supports BT, and when I tried 3.0 my phone would not sleep or shut down properly. Do you know of any other kernels that support BT? What Kernel do you currently use?
3.3.4, but I don't use BT. 3.2 has BT, and I think BT recently made it into 3.3.4. Give it a shot.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
N00b

auburnham is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
3.3.4, but I don't use BT. 3.2 has BT, and I think BT recently made it into 3.3.4. Give it a shot.
BT works with 3.3.4 with a little difficulty pairing as I now see other people also experienced, but I'm still having trouble with the phone not sleeping with this kernel. What is the best way to troubleshoot not sleeping? I did build this data.img with 3.3.4.

Edit: Disabling WiFi allows sleep. I'll keep digging.

Last edited by auburnham; 05-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

quick question on old bug, not sure if it's been fix/has a fix...

the phone switches to roaming (or at least the indicator turns on) whenever I send/recieve text message, is there a way to fix this? I can leave it there/turn if off manually so it isn't a big deal, just wondering is all
Old 05-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
quick question on old bug, not sure if it's been fix/has a fix...

the phone switches to roaming (or at least the indicator turns on) whenever I send/recieve text message, is there a way to fix this? I can leave it there/turn if off manually so it isn't a big deal, just wondering is all
Never heard of this before, but I usually use Google Voice. Roaming doesn't really exist anymore (at least you don't get charged for it) so it should be harmless..
Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I know it's harmless, i just didnt like the extra icon lol :S

But after a little while it went away, I'm not sure if it takes time for this or not
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

if you pull GetLogs output after it happens we can get the tower status indicator added to eri.xml to get rid of the roaming indicator in that situation. Can't help without logs though.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
N00b

auburnham is a n00b
Re: Not sleeping with WiFi on

Quote:
BT works with 3.3.4 with a little difficulty pairing as I now see other people also experienced, but I'm still having trouble with the phone not sleeping with this kernel. What is the best way to troubleshoot not sleeping? I did build this data.img with 3.3.4.

Edit: Disabling WiFi allows sleep. I'll keep digging.
I'm still having the sleeping issue with 3.3.6 when WiFi is on. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a resolution, or how to troubleshoot?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: Not sleeping with WiFi on

Quote:
I'm still having the sleeping issue with 3.3.6 when WiFi is on. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a resolution, or how to troubleshoot?
I thought wifi was supposed to disable sleep?

Isn't there a setting for that in wifi settings...? lol, people used to complain that the phone would sleep regardless of their settings (they would want wifi to keep the phone awake), now people complain that it won't sleep when wifi's on. Just can't win!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development