PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
*#*#4636#*#*, or *#*#INFO#*#*

Edit - seems this menu might not provide roaming, just preferred network type. D'oh.
No worries. Points for trying.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gre
Carrier: cmd

tp2userp is a n00b

What's the battery life with this build?

I am getting about 8 hrs in GXB0C, default package from the post, on full charge (from Winmo).
Old 05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 w/ XDAndroid
Carrier: PagePlus (VZW MVNO)

fortunzfavor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2userp View Post
What's the battery life with this build?

I am getting about 8 hrs in GXB0C, default package from the post, on full charge (from Winmo).
If you're on the .27 kernel, use the xdaledregime apk in the android apps folder to see if your device is sleeping.

Also, consider upgrading to one of the newer kernels if sleep is indeed your problem. That solved my sleep problem. Once you get whatever the issues is fixed, there's an app in the market called battery calibration (or something close to that) that will reset Android's battery stats and probably increase the accuracy of your battery meter a little -- it's something recommended for all users changing builds or batteries.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunzfavor View Post
If you're on the .27 kernel, use the xdaledregime apk in the android apps folder to see if your device is sleeping.

Also, consider upgrading to one of the newer kernels if sleep is indeed your problem. That solved my sleep problem. Once you get whatever the issues is fixed, there's an app in the market called battery calibration (or something close to that) that will reset Android's battery stats and probably increase the accuracy of your battery meter a little -- it's something recommended for all users changing builds or batteries.
The new build has both Xdaledregime apps .

I'm also uploading another bundle. Not sure how, but I managed to screw up netloc again. I swear it's good this time, lol...

I'm also ditching OI/Astro for ES per a few recommendations & based on some research. Uploading soon, the filename will stay the same - just watch for 'date modified' to change.

Edit - ran into a hiccup and had to make clean it and start over... at any rate, should be up in a couple of hours. Will update this post once I do.

Edit 2 - build is up on the .cz mirror site. Should get pushed to the main files.xdandroid.com soon...

Edit 3 - both mirrors look good.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-02-2012 at 07:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2

countzero is a n00b
Red face Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

I've poked around a little, but haven't done in-depth searching.

Weird issue after updating to GB0C on my phone: settings and apps have bad orientation. Home screens are fine. Kinda funny. Disabling auto-orientation rectifies the issue, but of course it no longer auto-orients.

Anyone see this? I have re-used my data.img from GBX0B, will try a clean image.

On 3.3 kernel from autobuild.

On the upside, seems snappier and wifi/tethering works peachy.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by countzero View Post
I've poked around a little, but haven't done in-depth searching.

Weird issue after updating to GB0C on my phone: settings and apps have bad orientation. Home screens are fine. Kinda funny. Disabling auto-orientation rectifies the issue, but of course it no longer auto-orients.

Anyone see this? I have re-used my data.img from GBX0B, will try a clean image.

On 3.3 kernel from autobuild.

On the upside, seems snappier and wifi/tethering works peachy.
Odd, never heard of this. Interested to see what a fresh data.img brings...

Curious, is it ALL apps, or just certain ones?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2

countzero is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Odd, never heard of this. Interested to see what a fresh data.img brings...

Curious, is it ALL apps, or just certain ones?
All apps - except the home screen and app list. Those two are both OK. Problem is present in fresh data.img.

I did use the suggested gsensor_axis=2,1,3, as I have for a long time across all builds.

I have a Rhod400.

Totally bizzarre!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countzero View Post
All apps - except the home screen and app list. Those two are both OK. Problem is present in fresh data.img.

I did use the suggested gsensor_axis=2,1,3, as I have for a long time across all builds.

I have a Rhod400.

Totally bizzarre!
Well, the values changed for DIAM, but I don't think they changed for RHOD.

The home screen doesn't rotate tho, unless you have an aftermarket launcher - Launcher2 doesn't rotate at all, unless you open the KB.

That is the correct gsensor setting, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on... You're literally the only one to report this, so I have to think it's something environmental with your setup/device.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Well, the values changed for DIAM, but I don't think they changed for RHOD.

The home screen doesn't rotate tho, unless you have an aftermarket launcher - Launcher2 doesn't rotate at all, unless you open the KB.

That is the correct gsensor setting, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on... You're literally the only one to report this, so I have to think it's something environmental with your setup/device.
Remember when I had the rotation issue, although mine was different with landscape and portrait mixed up. Try a complete fresh install including data.img, I'm pretty sure that's what it took for mine to resolve itself.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

auburnham is a n00b
Re: Mini-resets troubleshooting

Just within the last 1.5 weeks I've been having mini-resets after getting into my car, when the following happens:
1) ExtUSB external power source connected
2) ExtUSB external audio connected
3) ExtUSB headset connected
4) Bluetooth linked
5) WiFi signal lost

I've gone through the same sequence for over a month now without mini-resets until the beginning of last week. I've had this problem with GBX0B and GBX0C and I've tried kernels .27 and .35.

I've attached a log file dump just after the mini-reset happened this morning at ~7:05am (5/9). The mini-reset happens closest to when the device realizes the WiFi signal is lost, so that might be a clue. I would appreciate any feedback of how to resolve or how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (58.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development