PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] Updated 3/11/11 New Kernel - TONS of changes!!

left the phone in android all night charging---this morning temp is 79.1 degrees
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

FN-A...left android running off charger (was charging very cool this time) ... ... but just came home to WinMo.

Just restarted android...letting it run. The only app installed is tapa...

Edit: Just to clarify, this is on a freshly formatted, virgin FRX05 image. Been messing around with the phone, took a few pictures, smooth & no problems. But it definitely rebooted into WinMo when I had left. I do have newest Airave going, and will disconnect it if it crashes again.

Last edited by Recursion; 03-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:25 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

complete weirdness for me today. no changes to apps from yesterday---but 4 no wakes in a row. phone goes into deep sleep, then flashing green (not charging with screen off)---than no wake up

free mem is good, temp is good. no fooling with usb.....just SLEEP

so vexed now
Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
complete weirdness for me today. no changes to apps from yesterday---but 4 no wakes in a row. phone goes into deep sleep, then flashing green (not charging with screen off)---than no wake up

free mem is good, temp is good. no fooling with usb.....just SLEEP

so vexed now
Blinking LED? Phone is trying to sleep in that state, but not in 'deep sleep'. Solid green is deep sleep.

If you try to wake it when it's collapsing, it sometimes has issues with wake... Looking into resolutions, WisTilt2 thinks the long sleeps are related to RIL switching between 3g/2g. Oh that magical new RIL, when will you come to fruition?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
left the phone in android all night charging---this morning temp is 79.1 degrees
Been charging for about an hour, at 75% now, temp at 122F.

I am using an aftermarket battery, might be an issue. Are you on stock battery?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post

stock batti----check background aps/mem usage...if you're below 55 or so, you're pulling data somewhere
Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post

Hrm that is interesting.

I am not using the stock battery, but I am using a stock HTC batt - they threw in one from an EVO. Which, from what I can tell is identical other than my batt is bright freakin red lol.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:24 PM

was having some random lock/no wake up issues----took off the facebook WIDGET and all seems to be back to normal. quickly cycle between manual sleep, power button, slide to unlock with zero issues.

My phone does NOT show charging on usb when batti gets to 100%

new kernel, OC to 710 and installed swapper2 (used to for making SD cache---possible degradation to SD) but this thing is so quick now it's insane.

Last edited by ffkip911; 03-16-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
was having some random lock/no wake up issues----took off the facebook WIDGET and all seems to be back to normal. quickly cycle between manual sleep, power button, slide to unlock with zero issues.

My phone does NOT show charging on usb when batti gets to 100%

new kernel, OC to 710 and installed swapper2 (used to for making SD cache---possible degradation to SD) but this thing is so quick now it's insane.
Glad to see you got swapper 2 working; I'm running it now (just 32mb swapping)... phone is pretty stable and smooth at 614mhz. Gonna see how many apps I can launch before it gets sluggish (vs no swap). Make sure you go to the advanced settings under swapper 2 to force it to delete the swapfile every time you boot into android; this will force the swapfile to be recreated in a different area of the SD card so that wearleveling is used, preventing degradation to the same SD card location used by the swapfile. If you have a big swapfile (like 128mb), it will take a while to boot as it will delete the old swapfile and create the new one.

EDIT: recently bought a couple 2GB cards for $5!!! So I'm testing it on one of them and leave my 8GB alone... don't want to damage my good 8GB card.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2

Last edited by ndno; 03-16-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah, the FB widget pretty much sucks. I took it off long ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development