PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PixelReason is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PixelReason: Tell me what to draw and it shall be done!

Hey Guys!
I've been on PPCG for about 6 years now and you guys have always helped me out alot with ideas on how to tweak my ever changing smartphones (I think 6 in 4 years?). I've always wanted to contribute but couldn't figure out how until now.

I've been a professional artist/illustrator for over 15 years. Working on projects ranging from kids cartoons to movie projects (Check out Disc2 of the Finding Nemo DVD. Special feature: Mr Ray's Encylcopedia? I created the thing Photoshop. Then the 3d guys animated it in Lightwave!). And for the next 2 or 3 months I should have some free time. Which gave me an idea:

Free custom wallpaper for cellphones, desktops, laptops. Free illustrations you guys can use anywhere (except commercial use).

You guys can tell me what you guys would like me to illustrate. Anything. Seriously. Girls, comic book characters, animals, architecture, you can even send me pictures of your loved ones if you want (but i prefer stuff that would appeal to as many people as possible) and I will pick several at a time and draw them whenever I can. I specialize in comic book characters and girls by the way.

Now here's where I think it's cool. After I draw it, I'll upload it to my blog and this site and you guys can download it and use it however you want for free (as long as it's not for commercial use). I'll even resize and crop the final art for you if you guys give me the dimensions you would like the art to fit into (ex/ phone vs desktop sizes). And another bonus: If you reeeeally likes the artwork, you guys can buy the original. I think that I'll only ask a minimum of a $20 donation (should cover supplies, postage, and maybe lunch), but basically it will be for whatever piece you want. If you're very happy and would like to donate more, then please feel free and it will be very appreciated (trying to make this a good Christmas for my family). It will be a "set your own price" kind of thing.

This is going to be an ever evolving experiment. So we'll see if we need to change the concept as we go. But my core goals are to contribute something (free) to you guys and give an opportunity to sell some cool artwork too. So everyone wins. So please tell me what you'd like to see me draw in this forum or on my blog and let's try this out!

Thanks guys!
Here's some stuff to give you an idea about my style(s):
http://www.pixelreason.com

==================

:: Suggested guidelines for posting your requests ::
When posting your requests please include the following information:

1.) Your request. Feel more than free to also include additional info (why you would like this particular piece, what mood you'd like it to be done in, whatever you'd like to add)

2.) Type of device the artwork will be used on.
If Laptop or Desktop, please include screen size (15.6", 17", etc)).
If Cellphone, please include model name (example: HTC Evo, Samsung Captivate, etc). Same for tablets (example: Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPad, etc).

This should help people identify if the wallpaper is good for their phone/tablet more quickly (since most people wouldn't be able to identify the proper wallpaper by just the dimensions)

3.) Size of the wallpaper you're going to need it to be. Width X Height.
(example: 1024x600, 600x800, etc)

Last edited by PixelReason; 12-13-2010 at 10:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: PixelReason: Tell me what to draw and it shall be done!

Great idea.

It will be fun to watch what you do.

Maybe some Green Lantern stuff?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

Last edited by blazingwolf; 11-26-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Green Lantern! Sounds good. Give me a couple days.Will this be for cellphone or desktop/laptop?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so yo can do anything? no copyrights as long as we dont try to sell and distribute on our own?.... im a huge wrestling fan. would you be able to do anything with the wwe logo? or what about ghostbusters?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

@Ridley
Right you are sir. Let me see what I can come up with.

@Everyone!
I'm eating at Macaroni Grill Restaurant right now and they have a crayon and the paper table cloth. Which can only mean one thing: Instant request time!

Please comment on my blog under the latest post what you'd like to see me do a quick sketch of and I'll do it right now! Then I'll take a semi decent picture of it (dark lighting in here) and upload it for everyone's enjoyment. I'll leave the sketch for them to keep here, but I think it's a fun idea to try out. So please comment this request on my blog and I'll see you guys in about an hour!

*Update: Looks like the restaurant experiment didn't work out. That's what I get for posting a call to action in the middle of the night! Haha

Last edited by PixelReason; 11-27-2010 at 03:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I must say, I really like your enthusiasm and energy!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidleyJ329 View Post
I must say, I really like your enthusiasm and energy!
+1 on that, i cant wait to see where this thread goes. thanx op for sharing your skills.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelReason View Post
Green Lantern! Sounds good. Give me a couple days.Will this be for cellphone or desktop/laptop?
Can I really be greedy and say all of the above? Anyways, I was looking mostly for my cell and my tablet. 800X480 and 1024X600 respectively. Thank you very much.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 on that, i cant wait to see where this thread goes. thanx op for sharing your skills.
My pelasure and thank you for your support. I always have a busy schedule, but I'll do my best to keep this up for at least the next month or two. I'm excited about how this all goes too!

@blazingwolf
Funny enough, I had laid out the drawing so that I can extend the background (so I can make it fit pretty much any screen size/proportion), so you are a lucky man! The piece is just about done too by the way, so you should be getting exactly what you asked for soon enough. I'll upload the piece to my blog soon and then I'll upload the resized tablet and phone wallpaper versions quickly afterwards. But before I do, can you post the Green Lantern request as a comment on my blog for me? It can be under any post, as long as you ask for it there. That way the people who just visit my website aren't confused as to where I got the Green Lantern idea. Once the request is up and I put the finishing touches on the piece, you guys will see the first in hopefully a series of custom artwork!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:47 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

checked out your work and thats really good stuff, nice of you to take time to share your skills with us.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Themes