View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
gator2k83
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors?

I got it all wired up and installed in my car the way I wanted to. It took some trial and error but the wire diagram from the previous post is correct, however on the mogul's adapter that comes with the phone the yellow wire is not hooked to anything on ether end its just in there it was not attached to the mini 2.5mm jack and it pulled straight out of the phone 11 pin end no loose wires or solder on ether end of the yellow wire just a clean cut.

Here is what i used to make it work.

White - Mic +
Yellow - was not hooked up to anything
Red - Ground L/R
Blue - Headset sense hooks into the red to turn headset mode on.
Green - Speaker +
Black - Speaker +
Ground/Shielding silver loose no coating - I hooked to the signal wire from the mic.
Mic Ground - red and blue wires.

As the stock headset has 3 wires for the mic. +,-,and S their colors are White - mic +
Copper - mic -
Blue - S

The push to answer button does not work on the headset mic but the mic does work. I think it has to so with the fact that i didn't hook up the other wires to the board going to the adapter. I ran out of wires and didn't have a long enough cable that had all the needed wires so i clipped all but the 3 i needed off the circut board for the mic and ran a new longer 3 wire cable from the board to the adapter.

I have to get ready for a christmas party in dc thats 2 hours away. I will post finished pictures and maybe a youtube video if the finished install once I get back to town.

Sound comes out clear thru my speakers and I was able to hold a conversation with the mic as a hands free in the car. The mic is mouned at the top of the drivers side a pillar and the wire runs down in behind that into the dash and comes out right by the phone mount.

Now I can leave my car charger hooked to the adapter and the headphone output is wired into the car stero so one connection to the phone and i have mic + audio out. Cost was just some of my free time and parts/wires i already had laying around. I did take extra time to be neat and soldered all the connections properly. This is as close to an aftermarket oem integrated system that i wanted.

Thanks to all that helped I will post the results later, for those interested.