View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Carrier GPS still not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyma View Post
Manage GPS is checked off and Locaion for phone settings is on as well.
Well for me its on and if I turn it off it actually gives me a COM Port error so I don't even get the NMEA data through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyma View Post
One odd thing though. Although i never get an actual fix on GPS Viewer.. I did notice that one of the lines that scrolled by did have some numbers after it.. say one out of 10 lines would have it.. I click on the GPS Status tab and over the North "N" letter on the picture of the earch it will show a number.. liek a 4.. then below that on the lines.. like right now I have a 23 in a red box over a 3 and to the right of that I have a 24 in a redbox over a 4. I'll get a few more then they clear out.. Is that normal?
This sounds like you aren't getting a strong enough signal. Usually this happens to me if I'm inside a building and the phone isn't getting a clear enough signal from the sky. Normally if you are getting data back (numbers indicate that you are seeing satellites), and have a clear view of the sky, you should be able to get a fix eventually. It can take upwards of a minute to actually get a position lock. Verizon, being completely retarded as usual, doesn't transmit AGPS data via their cell towers. Sprint, however does, and for this reason we can get GPS locks in under 10 seconds (sometimes 5!). Just try being outside, standing still for a minute or two, and see if it locks.

Also try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400975

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-20-2008 at 09:43 PM.