View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM
ggraysonlv
Lurker

ggraysonlv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WiFiRouter and WMWifiRouter hotspots invisible on Viewpad 7

I've been using WMWifiRouter's hotspot on my HD2 for over a year with scarce problems, ably serving as my home computer's Internet connection. I just bought a Viewpad 7 tablet~smartphone, and want to similarly tether it to my HD2 wirelessly. Nothing I do on either device makes the HD2's wifi router visible to the Viewpad 7's wireless networks list. Lots of other wifi networks are visible on the Viewpad 7, so I know it is working OK. I also downloaded and installed the free XDA version (WiFiRouter cab) with the same result. Any geek help would be appreciated.

Also (a separate question), in WMWifiRouter, the Cellular-to-Bluetooth option is greyed out. Is there any reason this wireless method shouldn't work on the HD2? Is there some setting I've neglected to change? I've been using BT for over a year on my HD2 to connect to my BT earpiece (Plantronics Backbeat - very functional, btw). Using the BT connection would even be superior to the Wifi solution, since it would be paired and it also draws less power and creates less heat-up on the HD2.

Last edited by ggraysonlv; 12-14-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo