Thread: Unlock Help
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlock Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by msevo View Post
Hello people, I am new to this whole forum thing. Thanks in advance for any help recieve. I have an htc evo 4g 2.3. I have the MSL code for it. Can anyone PLEASE explain to me how to unlock my phone, the programs I need and where I can get them from. Please. Thank s Again
Welcome to the site. Visit unrevoked.com to root your device. It's easy and there is tons of good resources there to assist you through the process. Now one thing, if your Evo is Hboot 2.16, there is not a root solution for it just yet. HBoot 2.16 came with Evos over the last 1.5 months or so since the last OTA update. You can check which Hboot you have by pulling the battery, put the battery back in, hold the volume down button and the power button for 5+ seconds which will take you into bootloader. On this screen you should see the hboot version (2nd line). If its Hboot 2.10 or lower, you can use the current root process available at unrevoked. Good luck!