Lurker
Threadstarter

ShackMaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Music Player Not reading Tag Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShackMaster View Post
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this problem at least. It was driving me crazy, because I like you had done everything I could think of. There's only so long you can listen to your music in random mode until you want to hear "A CD" from start to finish...

This wouldn't be such a pain to troubleshoot if the Memory Card in the EVO wasn't under the battery.
OK So, I made this post earlier today, and promised not to sleep until I figured it out. Fortunately for me, it's not too late. But I did figure out my problem. I'm not sure if it solves yours though.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...BcsLpNKotLs-CQ

See the link above. Android apparently has inherent issues with WMA and Tags. I had issues with music playing on the TP2, so I ended up syncing everything with it to WMA. Obviously the Windows Mobile TP2 had no problems with that. Anddroid does.

The apparent solution would be to convert back to MP3 format or something with which Android plays better. Which is what I will be doing...

Macrae, are your songs stored in WMA? If so, that's probably your problem, and there's nothing you can do about it from what I could find other than switch to MP3.

If your songs are not in MP3, there's still hope... For MP3 files, there are different versions or types or whatever of tag info. From what I was able to determine last night. Android can only read Mp3 v1, and not v2.3, or v2.4. DoubleTwist, even though it read the tag info of the files in WMA, when it synced the files to the memory card in mp3 format, it didn't transfer any of the tag info with it. DoubleTwist saw the WMA tags, and had all of the info. When it syncs, it apparently converts the files to mp3s, which is great. But it doesn't copy the Tag Info. I synced some of the WMA songs I had to my phone using Double Twist, and then looked at the files that it had just synced, in doubletwist, but on the phone and tey were all Unknown Artist, etc.

Once I figured all of this out, I was able to take .mp3 files that didn't have the tag Info and wouldn't play, then edit the tag Info, and get the Media player to recognize all of the info, and play the CDs like they should.

So, if you get the files onto your phone in mp3 format, you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, a Tag Editor should help get the tags in the right version to work for you. Hope this helps. I'll look into it more tomorrow, but I'm 99% sure I've found the solution to my problem.