View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 PM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidebabyslide View Post
I have had my tp 2 since last year. Im on my 10th and speaker keeps blowing and other problems with cheap HTC plastic. I did my ne2 this week. I wanted the incredible people said its a solid phone. I used it for 2 days speaker blow. They asked me if I would try the moto droid and I'm in love with the phone. I will be getting the droid 2 , when it comes out. Moto droid is made super solid and does not feel cheap. It feels like a benz and htc now feels like hyundai.
I agree Droids, by and large, are made with superior industrial-esque construction, and guts to match; but I've never heard much of a fuss over HTC's quality and build. Although some of their earlier phones weren't exactly anything to garner awards and survive being steam rolled without crumbling into a million pieces, I have always thought there were the best models available all things considered.

I have been 100% problem free for a year now with my Touch Pro 2; aside from some hard resets I've had to perform and daily soft resets of course since it runs Windows Mobile - but the build and feel are substantial and weighty.

Now... I have been reading a lot about the Droid X that just 'landed,' and aside from the comments pertaining to the crippling effect Motorola's tired and sluggish user interface renders, the guts are UNMATCHED and rival/surpass even the current king of the cellular castle, Evo. If the Droid X had a sliding keyboard, I would literally be in line when the store opened tomorrow.

Once a true power-house, like the Droid-X is released, with full Froyo (or in 2011 Ginger 3.0) with a well designed hardware keyboard, OTA auto updates, HD video capture and an extremely accurate photo sensor complimented with an 8mp+ spec rating - I'd easily and readily hand over my paycheck for a device like that...

WHEN, OH WHEN WILL IT BE SO!?
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!