dc13
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dc13 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Q and A / APPS

Questions and Answers

Q HampTheToker - 10.3 MFlops? Overclock?!?!?
A Not any more at 10.3. No over clock yet.

Q godzilla77 - Do I need to flash DE03 with recovery first and then apply this in boot recovery?
A Yes DE03 w/ recovery is needed first. Back up everything that you need. Then in recovery wipe the phone then install the rom.

Q zetec - Is there any chance you'll be releasing another barebones rom? No third-party apps bundled, with the exception of whatever hacks (google voice > nuance button, JIT, etc) that operate behind the scenes?
A The first update is going to a barerom but will still have a few apps. They can be taken out of the rom before a flash though if needed.

Q dreamsforgotten - Any of the problems with JIT on this rom, random reboots or freezes. The most stable JIT I ever tried locked up about twice a day and lagged before letting me actually answer phone calls to the point I missed them.
A So far it seems good but the 2 tests are on a ship. So a real test cant happen.

Q DCRocks - Is the "UPDATE- bad news" only that it is running at 8 something mflops? Please tell me thats all it is! This ROM sounds awesome, any ETA on the vanilla version yet? I can add my own apps back as needed.
A The BARE is out loaded is in sept.

Q sethrd - I would love to try this, except I hate the 3d gallery. It never processes all my images.
A Let a thumbnail be created the bigger the image the longer it will take. tested using my Nikon D300s Canon Rebel XTi and my phone.

Q JOSH.M - Awesome. Is it already de-odexed?
A Yes and it is a english only rom also to make it so small.

Q JOSH.M - Can we theme this rom?
A Yes it is themeable

Q RoadZombie - does it have a theme or is it stock?
A It uses launcher pro

Q bahal - Hey I am try to install your Rom and I get cnat format ssytem failure at line 2. can someone help me. Thnx
A Be sure you are rooted look up top for the link.

Q HipKat - One thing, what stock apps are on here?? And if there are some I want that aren't included, where can I get them?? (I doubt there's much I'd want, tbh)
A I took out all that I can you will need to download all the sprint apps along with map, street and many more. How I get mine is I will take a rom that has the apps if I cant find them in market and then put them on my SD card then using ASTRO i will install new ones.

APPS FOR THE BIG ROM
Swype
Astro
Advanced Task Killer
startup manager
astro
addfree
connectbot
3d gallery
gps tracker
handcent sms
root explorer
swFTP
tapatalk
where's my droid

Last edited by dc13; 07-07-2010 at 12:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.