View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:47 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lost my Diamond in a movie theater... Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Thanks for the reply. I actually just got some great news. Apparently one of the great features of our phones is if you use Microsoft MyPhone (even with OMJ's latest rom, which I'm currently using) is that you can see the exact location via gps (which showed me that it was still at the theaters), lock the phone with a pin number and show a message on the screen (which I wrote if this phone is found, call xxx-xxxx), erase/factory reset the phone and wipe the storage cards, and coolest of all (in my case) is that you can have the phone ring for 60seconds loudly even if the phone is on silent or vibrate.

That last feature is probably what saved my bacon. I called the movie theaters and the staff couldn't find it, so I activated that 60second loud ring, and some guy found my phone, noticed the lock screen with my message saying call my phone number, and proceeded to call me to tell me that he was going to leave my phone at the front desk.

Awesome news. So if anyone happens to be in the same situation, definitely go to microsoft's myphone website and take care of your business!
Wow, I had no idea microsoft myphone could do all of that. Maybe I'll have to start cooking it into my ROMs .