View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
hamagc
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting a different carrier's phone under insurance *BROKEN PHONE, NOT FRAUD!*

coz is not going to be happy with you my friend. mods usually don't like to close a thread to see the same thread pop up again.

but to answer your questions, you can turn the device in under insurance but they won't pay you for it. insurance replaces the phone, doesn't give you money to buy a new one. they are not like auto insurance where you tell them what happened and they cut you a check to fix it. phone insurance sends you out a new phone and charges you full price if you don't return your old one. insurance covers physical damage. carriers cover defects.

i'm not positive on how alltel works it but alot of the time, a carrier won't activate a phone unless the esn is in their system. if the phone is not an alltel phone, i doubt the esn will be in their system (exceptions are mvno's like boost and metro.).

all in all, the answer is no. you can't give your phone to insurance and get money for it. like coz said in the closed thread, sell it on ebay, donate it, or live with it. sucks, i know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.