View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
i dont think it was removed as I am running mightys impact rom which is 2.5/6.5.x and it syncs all FB pics and works great... even when the people call it shows their picture and everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
See and this is why I am confused as to what in the hell is going on!! Some say it works for them....some say it doesnt. I am having a little trouble finding the dialer to see if this will fix it. I really want it to work but if it doesnt then oh well.
You guys are kind of talking about 2 different things. notanerd, I'd bet the mightrom you are running is using the leo phonecanvas or a rhodium/topaz one from the sense 2.5.201x ROMs. This is why facebook pictures show on your incoming dialer. Try to sync your contacts to outlook, or view then through a WM utility on your phone, and see if an older picture or no picture (if you never assigned one) shows up. Manila 2.1 would ask you if you want to save the FB picture to your contact. Sense 2.5 does not do this. It stores the FB picture differently with sense 2.5, so that sense 2.5 reads the picture, but not other programs or older dialers.

Don't bang your head against the wall youngpro83. You just need an updated dialer to display the FB picture on incoming call.