View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
WBFAir
Regular 'Geeker

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How best to clean screen before installing protector?

Hello all

I have been making several attempts at getting my screen clean before I install a protector.

The last one was a real disaster as despite the fact that it looked clean as a whistle, there still seemed to be a lot of dust there.

To go over my opinion on this, basically since I've had this unit now for about two weeks I haven’t been able to get my hands on a really good and properly designed for the TP2 screen protector till now so I've have been using some temporary not full sized and/or cheap screen protectors that I didn't mind removing and replacing either right away or at some point if the install didn’t go well. So I would say that I have probably gone through about 5 or 6 now.

The thing that is weird is at this point and I could be wrong but especially with the last one that I mentioned, despite how clean I got it, I could swear that a few of the current specs were ones that were there before.

What I’m thinking is, I wonder if from some of these previous replacements, that I might have goo’ed these specs up enough now that they are stuck on there much more then the average dust free cloth will remove.

So now I have a real nice Seidio protector now to put on it and I want this to be the last install I do so I was just wondering what might be the best thing or process to use to be sure I get the TP2’s screen really spotless before I attempt this install?

At this point I have a extra dust free cloth and was thinking that with the unit off and the battery removed that I might get it damp and dab a little dish washing soap on it and wipe the screen down, then rinse out the cloth and do it again to rinse it off and do that as many times after that till I’m sure I got all the soap off.

Keep in mine that I will do all this as dry and sparingly as I can.

Then after that I will let it dry and then wipe it down with a clean dry dust free cloth to be sure to get any residue or water spots off from that.

So does anyone have any comments or thoughts on that procedure?