View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
iloathehtc
Lurker

iloathehtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon branded TP unlockable?

I've been pm'ing everyone that may have insight into an issue I'm having, figured I'd try here too.

Bought a used tp (xv6850, verizon) running an ssk rom. I tried to take it to my carrier (metropcs); they told me they couldn't do anything with it because they couldn't access the data programming (##data# or whatever it is supposed to be for the tp, I've not been able to get any ##blank# commands to work at all) so I figured a different rom needed to be put on it. I studied cmonex's method, acquired all the necessary software, researched some more then tried loading mightyrom. After the rom was loaded, it would just hang at the verizon loading screen and...nothing. I could get into bootloader no problem so I read up on the "flash dance" and gave it a try. When I load bootloader it reads:

Security Unlocked

raph500
spl-0.40.0000
microp-raph (led) v8182
microp-raph (key) v0682
psoc-raph stage_evt v20

I have tried loading roms via sd card with the RAPHIMG.nbh method; nothing loads. When I enter bootloader it goes directly to the tricolor screen with the above info and thats it. Trying to run ruu from my laptop always results in an error 262, unless it's the stock verizon rom. All attempts to use cmonex's hardspl solution have failed. All attempts to load any other rom fail, whether it be through ruu, sd card or threatening to "hard reset against a wall". I can easily access bootloader or the crappy verizon Win Mobile 6.1 thats ultra gimped...that's about it. Any ideas? I've been working on this for a week now, I've tried asking everyone. It was running an ssk rom when I first got it so I know it's not impossible. I'd really like to figure this out so I can dump my crappy Samsung Instinct (the Jitterbug of touchscreen phones). Thanks in advance.