View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow TP1 (VZ) with MightyROM6 Final Release - Opera bugs...

Hi everyone

I have been using the MightyROM6 Final Release for a couple weeks, and aside from the hard-reset I had to perform (posted about in detail) on Christmas day it has been very smooth.

However, the only other huge issue I have been experiencing is Opera use - ALWAYS running out of memory. I either get a pop-up on screen display "out of memory" or Opera repeatedly closes without warning and anything I was doing or working on is lost.

I tried adjusting the memory cache up to 9,000kb (slighty more than double the default) but still get memory pop-ups after literally 2 minutes of very light use with only ONE tab open. Plus, on the previous TP1 I had for a couple years, I never had to adjust any Opera setting and it worked like a dream

Is this issue normal, either for the version of Opera baked into MightyROM6 or MightyROM in general?

Are there any settings I can adjust, newer stable versions I can download of Opera... or other custom Roms that have been demonstrated as stable on the TP1 cdma?

Thanks so much!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 12-31-2009 at 04:39 PM.