N00b

ajgalbraith98 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes and No and well you get the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360discgolf View Post
ajgalbraith98,

so if I don't have any other programs running from that manufacturer would it not matter either way if the registry data still was present? That's what i gathered from your last comment.
There is fairly little danger in leaving a registry entry there. When and if you re-install an application from the same manufacturer it might even regain its settings. Then again if you uninstalled it because it was buggy, it would be a good idea to "clean up" after the uninstall before you try it again.

That being said I always clean mine up, but Im kinda quirky about organized computers...funny because my office is a mess, but my computers are always exactly how i want them

Also there is ALWAYS the rule of "you break it you buy it..." cutting into the registry is half science, half art...not every programmer follows the rules, not ever company puts their stuff in the right spot, and some hide it on purpose. You can ALWAYS Export the settings before you cut them...of course if you mess up too deep you can't get back to a registry editor to fix it. (having a safemode program helps but even thats not fool-proof)

hope that helps,

--ajgalbraith98