PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WM6.5.x PPC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65911)

TnA-2xXtReM 08-20-2009 12:10 PM

Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Really nice stuff man :) Least I can see the battery percentage instead of a bar :D

tsowen 08-20-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyme187 (Post 1111285)
hey tsowen hows the new taskbar coming? and out of curiousity does it compare to CrazyLiLBoy's Much anticipated one?

Nah not really even close to his. Mine are all custom icons I have made. Its coming along okay the icon making part but still working on the purchasing of the liscense for the PE Explorer and WINCe Cab Maker around $230 total for both.

atlbrav1518 08-20-2009 02:42 PM

WINCe Cab Maker? or Manager?

enyaj 08-22-2009 07:01 PM

Hi tsowen,

I was able to replace the taskbar icons with transparent ones(i.e. signal bars, G icons etc) so that i wouldn't see anything else except my wallpaper, but the problem is the volume sliders got screwed. I did not do anything else but replace the icons. Do you have an idea why that happenned?

teorouge 08-22-2009 11:08 PM

Hi taskbar heroes! Are you having a look at the most recent WM 6.5 builds? There's a sort of new "magnified" taskbar popping out when tapping good, old-fashioned taskbar icons: it gets to display very big icons, located in the shellres.dll (ther should be new slots, as I got it), try to see HERE and you can see a screenshot, the upper right one.
Are you planning to update your creations with proper-resolution magnified icons? For example on gadgetfreak's taskbar you get to show the icons (though visually degraded), but not all of them are correctly linked (for example I get HTC Start logo in place of the WIFI signal...)... that would be great! :headbang:

purian23 08-23-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teorouge (Post 1116714)
Hi taskbar heroes! Are you having a look at the most recent WM 6.5 builds? There's a sort of new "magnified" taskbar popping out when tapping good, old-fashioned taskbar icons: it gets to display very big icons, located in the shellres.dll (ther should be new slots, as I got it), try to see HERE and you can see a screenshot, the upper right one.
Are you planning to update your creations with proper-resolution magnified icons? For example on gadgetfreak's taskbar you get to show the icons (though visually degraded), but not all of them are correctly linked (for example I get HTC Start logo in place of the WIFI signal...)... that would be great! :headbang:

Read the thread in my signature, Help the Cause..Get the goodies!

gadgetfreak 08-23-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teorouge (Post 1116714)

I would say we will probably wait until things solidify and stabilize. I may be wrong on this, but between Tsowen and myself, I think I am the only one actually using 6.5 right now, and I'm way back on 23009. Until MS stops changing everything, with each new build coming out in rapid fire mode, it just isn't worth it yet for us to even try.

t0mmyr 08-23-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 1112492)
Nah not really even close to his. Mine are all custom icons I have made. Its coming along okay the icon making part but still working on the purchasing of the liscense for the PE Explorer and WINCe Cab Maker around $230 total for both.

isn't there a free alternative to those programs? there must be some sort of open source program developers here & on xda use, i can't imagine all these great files coming from people that forked over that much cash for making non-profit files

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 1099456)
Hmmmm. Those are both new problems. Can you guys check to make sure you have the phcanoverbmp.dll registry edits that Tsowen has in the first post?

Try this and let me know...

i installed the later cab file (not the one in the zip found in the link in your sig) and it works great! thanks gadgetfreak! have u thought about including an icon that will make the htc task manager match the rest? is that hard to do? i'd love to see my taskbar completely matched when on home screen
http://bayimg.com/image/aadjlaacg.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 1101847)
I just reinstalled and everything looks perfect.
My only request would be to have a MS/Windows Start icon. Or some sort of generic thing...I never really liked that HTC logo. I guess there's worse...

i just installed dwizzy's new microsoft logo start button, looks a bit large and out of place in the screenshot with the GFrom taskbar but its not so bad on the device in person, it would be awesome if gadgetfreak could shrink it down and/or block it in as with all the other icons to make it match perfectly :) *hint hint*
http://bayimg.com/image/aadjnaacg.jpg

gadgetfreak 08-23-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1117071)
isn't there a free alternative to those programs? there must be some sort of open source program developers here & on xda use, i can't imagine all these great files coming from people that forked over that much cash for making non-profit files

i installed the later cab file (not the one in the zip found in the link in your sig) and it works great! thanks gadgetfreak! have u thought about including an icon that will make the htc task manager match the rest? is that hard to do? i'd love to see my taskbar completely matched when on home screen

i just installed dwizzy's new microsoft logo start button, looks a bit large and out of place in the screenshot with the GFrom taskbar but its not so bad on the device in person, it would be awesome if gadgetfreak could shrink it down and/or block it in as with all the other icons to make it match perfectly :) *hint hint*

Reshack has has some issues with WM 6.5 stuff, and it is a lot more time consuming than PE explorer. WinCE cab Manager is a lot more robust and user friendly. I have yet to be able to make a cab that works with the alternatives from XDA.

Glad that other cab works. I guess I need to update the post...

I'll take a look at that start logo and see what I can do. May take a couple of days as my plate ispretty full these days... :mrgreen:

kasim 08-25-2009 11:22 PM

I did install install first.cab from first page, then installed WM_6.5_BlockTaskBarIcons.cab and now my battery icon is gone, instead i have digital clock, when i click on it, it shows upcoming appointments. How can i restore my battery icon, actually that's the main reason i've installed this to see percentage left.

Oh, i have vogue, CDMA with this rom: 08.18.09 WinMo6.5 Sprint,Verizon,Generic ROM SYS 23016 .NO MANILA

BTW, i've killed
batti.exe

Thanx all