PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New VGA Version of Pocket e-Sword released, v3.1.0. Works with WM 6.5!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73344)

darnell 06-30-2009 10:02 PM

New VGA Version of Pocket e-Sword released, v3.1.0. Works with WM 6.5!!!

You can get it here.

I am thankful that the Lord willed we now have a version of Pocket e-Sword, that works well with the Touch Pro and WM 6.5 :) .

(And of course you can send the developer a donation and thanks to encorage him. Be sure to let him know you're using Pocket e-Sword, so he does not think you're contacting him about the desktop version.)

zero157h7 06-30-2009 10:41 PM

Re: New VGA Version of Pocket e-Sword released, v3.1.0. Works with WM 6.5!!!

I got it but the text does not get small enough and the scrolling did not seem to work. It is still better than trying to run qvga though.

darnell 07-01-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero157h7 (Post 1007263)
I got it but the text does not get small enough and the scrolling did not seem to work. It is still better than trying to run qvga though.

Even on the smallest setting the text is much larger than with earlier versions of the software on my Touch Pro, but I think that's by design given the extra size. Since VGA offers far more space than QVGA. I have not had any problems at all with scrolling.

Henri157 04-23-2010 02:21 PM

I have not been able to get it working on my htc HD2. Any sugestions? Used it often on my Tytan II and really need it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by darnell (Post 1007191)
You can get it here.

I am thankful that the Lord willed we now have a version of Pocket e-Sword, that works well with the Touch Pro and WM 6.5 :) .

(And of course you can send the developer a donation and thanks to encorage him. Be sure to let him know you're using Pocket e-Sword, so he does not think you're contacting him about the desktop version.)

fat boy 04-28-2010 06:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I recommend that you use these cab files. You must install both to the same area, either both on device or both on the SD card. If you fonts are too small then you will need to install the fonts in the zip folder to your fonts folder in your windows directory on the device ie. windows/fonts/"New fonts" Then go into your fonts settings in eSword and chose the new fonts you just installed.

edit: the "Small Fonts for Pocket eSword.zip" is really so that if you are using a wvga device and your fonts are too small you can install these and make them actually bigger!

psiphi 04-30-2010 09:52 AM

Not working for me using MightyMikes 6.5 ROM for Touch Pro... Installs SQLCE and Pocket e-Sword in main memory okay, I double click icon, get a busy cursor for 3 seconds then nothing...

fat boy 04-30-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psiphi (Post 1727557)
Not working for me using MightyMikes 6.5 ROM for Touch Pro... Installs SQLCE and Pocket e-Sword in main memory okay, I double click icon, get a busy cursor for 3 seconds then nothing...

hmmm, weird. I am currrently using an NRG 6.5 rom on a TP2. I have always been able to get this to work for years on all kinds of devices and with many different roms. What should've happen on your first start is it would request the location of your "Bibles" and through the menu you would navigate to the proper folder and say ok. Wish I could help you out. Maybe what you should try is the install from the desktop version that the link is posted above and see if that works. Also maybe just try a soft reset to see if that helps.

fat boy 05-06-2010 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psiphi (Post 1727557)

I think I may have found your problem, it's the fonts. eSword is a little picky about font placement and if for example you have installed the MS font package it will just not run. I was testing two font cab files and both of them disabled my eSword and was exactly as you discribed. Once I unistalled the font packages my eSword ran as usual, hopefully that helps.

psiphi 05-06-2010 04:07 PM

That makes sense... I replaced my fonts some time ago...

Ended up installing on a spare phone in the mean time and was impressed... I still prefer Olivetree with the iLumina Mobile upgrade, but PocketSword is great for a freeware...

Jaztau 05-10-2010 01:44 PM

Ok please help me...there is nothing at that link..whats wrong?