PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   S2U2 v2.34 is Now Available :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72037)

ezln0423 04-06-2010 05:06 AM

Re: S2U2 v2.34 is Now Available :)

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo95tt (Post 1680134)
Question- I am running S2U2 v2.33 on my HTC Touch Pro 2, and using message preview (for sms/mms)...

Occasionally, when I receive a new sms, the keyboard pops up, partially blocking the "slide to unlock" slider. This makes it difficult to unlock the screen...

Am I missing a setting? How can I prevent this?

try this buddy
Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1648426)
[B]

Turn off auto-deploy of soft keyboard:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]
"TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:00000001

or u can alsouse diamond tweaks and disable the automatic display (popup option? ounder keybord

violent31601 04-16-2010 05:33 PM

I know I said I fixed my problem, but it still remains. Just to recap my problem and potential bug. When i'm running on battery power and wmwifirouter and S2U2 2.34 is running it shuts off my wifi when phone goes into sleep mode, nothing I do will fix this other then turning the sleep option off (meaning it stays in unlock screen full time) which I don't want to do cause that burns LOTS of power. I've even tried adding wmwifirouter.exe to exception list and that still doesn't fix it. I don't remember this happening on my older version of S2U2.

any advise?

skeegcpp 04-17-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1703137)
I know I said I fixed my problem, but it still remains. Just to recap my problem and potential bug. When i'm running on battery power and wmwifirouter and S2U2 2.34 is running it shuts off my wifi when phone goes into sleep mode, nothing I do will fix this other then turning the sleep option off (meaning it stays in unlock screen full time) which I don't want to do cause that burns LOTS of power. I've even tried adding wmwifirouter.exe to exception list and that still doesn't fix it. I don't remember this happening on my older version of S2U2.

any advise?

have u tried closing iLock b4 u use wifirouter? then jus turn it back on when ur done
start/s2u2/iLock

violent31601 04-17-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1703940)
have u tried closing iLock b4 u use wifirouter? then jus turn it back on when ur done
start/s2u2/iLock

yeah, it worked fine then. I didn't want it to come to that

A_C 04-18-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1703137)

any advise?

Firstly, check what's the option "Check Exceptional EXEs run in foreground only" will do.

Secondly, when an exceptional application is running & recognized by S2U2, the power management is totally hanged over to the OS, i.e. start > settings > power.

On the other hand, like most application that needs to run in the background, it's the responsibility of that application to keep the system awake.

inertone 04-19-2010 06:44 PM

i havnt been to ppcgeeks in a while
i usually spend my time over at XDA and the Vogue android section
but wow S2U2 has come a really long way form what i remember good job!

syrguy1969 04-19-2010 07:49 PM

Yeah...A_C has done some great work, and he is currently cooking up some more tweaks that will make people very happy!!!!

This app is about the only think keeping me from straying to Android (but the Incredible is really tempting)!!!

lifeuw19 04-20-2010 04:32 PM

Ok... I never believed it, but now I do. S2U2 is KILLING my battery. My battery has been draining quicker and quicker. I hard reset my TP2 the Sunday. Installed everything I had, except S2U2. Ran it all day yesterday... never charged up, with regular use, and at about 10:30pm my battery was at 78%. Today... same thing, but WITH S2U2 installed. Same usage, but it's 4:28 and battery is at 52%!

So... as much as I love S2U2, I just can't take the drain. Is anyone noticed this, to this extreme? I'm running 2.34. Suggest an older version? I'm not a fan of the stock lock, but to save this much battery... I guess I'll have to be.

I saw somewhere else some "better" settings for it, i.e. GDI vs. RawBuffer vs. DirectDraw. Any suggestions to test out?

Thanks!

violent31601 04-20-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_C (Post 1706254)
Firstly, check what's the option "Check Exceptional EXEs run in foreground only" will do.

Secondly, when an exceptional application is running & recognized by S2U2, the power management is totally hanged over to the OS, i.e. start > settings > power.

On the other hand, like most application that needs to run in the background, it's the responsibility of that application to keep the system awake.

thank you for the direct reply, I turned the "check exceptional exes" option off and all seems well now.

Thanks again