PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63777)

syrguy1969 04-20-2009 12:46 PM

Re: FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!!

Thanks a lot reef48, I will install the full package tonight!!

redd214 04-20-2009 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by myselfdotcom (Post 862081)
I installed it to my Touch Pro. It was chosen as default keyboard but everytime I reboot my phone, it went back to WM keyboard instead...

install this, run it, change to fingerkeyb and you should be good

WanderingMinstrel 04-20-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 861101)
Ah perhaps the success you're having lies in the Omnia.. if I recall the original poster though he first had an issue with the keyboard because he installed to storage, so he had to re install to device as advised and was then unhappy with the amount of space the skins took..... so installing to storage in this instance=yikes. :mrgreen:

Didn't mean to start a debate, lol. But it's been interesting reading. I had installed to storage on my TP and the skins weren't showing up on the config tool because they were going to my device memory. Space is only an issue in internal storage (but not a big one). I'm presensitized by the tiny amount of storage ram in my previous PPC.
Right now, I've got a scaled down FKB in main memory with a couple of skins I like and only English. If I need more (which I don't think I will), I'll try the storage card route and copy skins to a storage card Skins folder.
Thank you both for the advice.

MoonZ*BabysH 04-20-2009 05:34 PM

thanks bro

eenieMINI 04-20-2009 08:13 PM

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I certainly wasn't trying to be argumentive as I'm sure syrguy also was not... the more we talk the more information is out there for others... this way someone will have had some similar experiences and possible solutions since every device seems to behave of its own accord sometimes!

syrguy1969 04-20-2009 08:52 PM

Agreed!! That's the way we all learn here!!! :-D

Reef48 04-21-2009 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tzx3 (Post 858105)
hey everyone!

i ran across this by accedent...lol

must say, i love this keyboard! i installed it on my xv6900, and...might actualy switch back! :)

only problem i have is landscape. i dont know if this has been asked yet, but when using this app in landscape, its missing the top row of keys. ill attatch a screen shot.

thanks for your help!

TZ

I should also mention that im running wm6.5 and i installed the QVGA without arrows.

Copy and replace this file into your Skins folder in FingerkeyB. It will fix your problem. Restart keyboard or soft reset.

watzone69 04-21-2009 02:38 PM

ChronicROM has the default skins folder back in the correct place: Program Files\FingerKeyb\Skins. I added a note in the VGA skins posts for users of ROMs with "cooked-in" Finger Keyboard to check their device.

Have any WQVGA users tried the skins that I made last weekend? I am curious to know if they work.:)

jcurley 04-21-2009 11:41 PM

THEY WORK and look great. Is this landscape supposed to have arrows or did I move the file wrong? I am a novice, so I wouldn't doubt it. I just copy the file and replace the orignal files, right?

Reef48 04-22-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcurley (Post 867256)
THEY WORK and look great. Is this landscape supposed to have arrows or did I move the file wrong? I am a novice, so I wouldn't doubt it. I just copy the file and replace the orignal files, right?

Landscape does not have the arrows included. And yes just copy and replace.