PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63777)

watzone69 04-16-2009 01:41 PM

Re: FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpsyco (Post 852785)
Is there a skin only version of the white & green skin?
I use Bear Bonz's ROM and Fkb is preinstalled on the ROM.

You'll have to ask Cap'n Chronic about that one.

WanderingMinstrel 04-17-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzone69 (Post 851066)
Did you install Finger Keyboard on your device yourself or did you flash a ROM that already has it cooked in?

If you installed it yourself then you need to use the cabs from HERE or HERE.

If it's already included with your ROM then you need to use THESE cabs.

Look in Program Files (the one in the root directory NOT the one in internal storage) and see if there is a "Fingerkeyb" folder. If not, look in Windows and see if there is a "Skins" folder. Report back with what you find.

Reporting back...
Thanks watzone. I was out of town yesterday and just got back to this.
First of all, I installed FingerKeyBoard myself. Just to be sure I had the right cabs, I downloaded the skins I wanted again from the first two links. I installed the Yellow_w69 cab and got a successful install notification.
Then I looked for the FingerKeyB folder and found it under Program Files in the root directory. Yesterday, when I looked there, it was empty. Today, after the installation, the Yellow skin was there along with a yellow-skin text doc.
Finally, I opened FKB config. But the yellow-w69 option was not on the pulldown color scheme menu.

At least I know where the installation went this time. 4 previous "successful" skin cab installations are still lost somewhere in cyberspace. So that is a step in the right direction.

I also DLed the fairly recent 269KB FKB2.1.1_VGA-blk-grn-eng file. I think my next step is to uninstall my previous supersized FKB from my storage card and install the smaller version directly to my device. Do you agree?

watzone69 04-17-2009 02:38 PM

Yes, please install it to the device, not the storage card.

Let me know how it turns out.

jcurley 04-17-2009 03:19 PM

Any WQVGA updates? I do not have the knowledge about how to adjust these programs.

watzone69 04-17-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcurley (Post 855884)
Any WQVGA updates? I do not have the knowledge about how to adjust these programs.

There are some differences in the skins (besides size) so I was figuring the best plan of attack.

Also, I've been lazy this week!:mrgreen:

I'll make some WQVGA skins this weekend. I promise.

Reef48 04-17-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzone69 (Post 856068)

Also, I've been lazy this week!:mrgreen:

LOL It has been one of those weeks...

WanderingMinstrel 04-17-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzone69 (Post 855788)
Yes, please install it to the device, not the storage card.

Let me know how it turns out.

Turned out perfectly, watzone. Skins show up on the menu like they should. Guess the FKB HAS to be on the device despite its size. Thanks for your help :)

eenieMINI 04-17-2009 07:47 PM

Minstrel you can always delete the skins you're sure you're not going to use as well as the extra language txt files and the skin associated text files (scheme files). I only have 2 skins loaded in mine.. I keep the others on my storage card so I can swap them into the skins folder if I decide to switch... but I can't bring myself to not use my eeniepink.... I keep eenieblue in the device to show the ability to change. :)

watzone69 04-17-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 856441)
M... but I can't bring myself to not use my eeniepink....

You're a sweetie eenie!

syrguy1969 04-17-2009 10:41 PM

Another option is to install the keyboard to storage, and after you install the extra skins, copy then from the device memory and paste them into the skin folder in the storage. They show up in the settings after you do that.

(Hope that made more sense than it sounds to me re-reading it LOL)