PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[RELEASE] Jan 27 LocateCaller: Get caller's location based on area code!

First I would like to say thanks to truburt for creating iCaller, without which this app would not be possible.

We have long awaited an app that will show you the caller's location based on area code. There are no apps I know of that are able to do this in real time, certainly not any free ones... until now.

LocateCaller will identify any area code in the 50 US states + DC and display the location on the incoming call screen!

Features
  • Works with any area code in the US
  • Full-screen caller ID window

Screenshot

Instructions
  • If your phone has the HTC full-screen caller ID, you must disable it per the instructions here and then soft-reset
  • If your phone is currently using a third-party incoming call screen, disable it and soft-reset
  • Download the attached zip, put it on your device, unzip it to \Program Files\LocateCaller
  • Open iCaller.exe from the LocateCaller folder
  • Test by calling your number from another phone
  • If everything is OK, create a shortcut to iCaller.exe in \Windows\StartUp
  • If the app works for you and you find it useful, please consider making a donation

Technical Details
LocateCaller is an extension for iCaller. iCaller is a full-screen CID app created by truburt on xda-developers. Since it uses HTMLView, I was able to create this special extension using Javascript. Since iCaller is a native app, the use of Javascript does not hinder the speed significantly.

Issues
This app is written in Javascript. Therefore, the only likely bugs are from iCaller or PIE. As such, it may be difficult if not impossible for me to fix certain types of problems.

If you are having problems, please make sure the bug is not with iCaller! Please report a bug here only if the stock iCaller works for you.

You may have to set PIE as the default browser to get this to work.

This is only tested on my Touch Pro because that is the only WM device I have available. It should work on other devices, but I can't make any promises.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip LocateCaller-0.9.zip (115.4 KB, 68 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gbm85; 01-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RELEASE] Jan 27 LocateCaller: Get caller's location based on area code!

* reserved *

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software