PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Icontact v0.91 (2-17-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
yours does too considering I've been going about updating this thread for the community for more than 2 months... while you just show up one day and hijack my thread by basically just posting a 'remix' of this one with glitter sprinkled on it... I just find that kinda rude...
First of all that was a joke, and second of all I was going to send this to you in a PM, but I feel too childish to do that now, so here goes:

Hijack your thread? Is that why I told you about it first AND said I'd get my post deleted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Naut, v0.92 is out now. If you'd rather just add the changelog to your op, I'll just get my thread deleted
Does that sound like hijacking to anyone else? This is not a rhetorical question.

With all due respect, your first post does suck. No screen shots? Come on really? You don't think people would like to maybe see it first? Yes it's an app that's been around a while, but some might not know about it at all. I think the community will agree they'd rather see a screen shot of it first. Whatever.

Here is my biggest complaint:
NO LINKS to the DEVELOPER AT ALL? Really, bud? Honestly it sorta looks like you're trying to take credit for it. You took the time to post a link to the freeware site (which is now outdated), but no love for the actual developer. Links to the XDA thread are more than helpful so if there is a bug, people can go there and report it. I'm sure the developer does not scan your thread, since it is essentially a changelog.

You didn't even mention the coolest feature of the new app. Yeah, your right. I did try to make my post far more informative and useful.

Now I guess I really hijack'd your thread, but I said "with all due respect" so you can't get mad at me.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Icontact v0.92 (3-3-09)

by the way, there is no ill will towards you on my end, I consider it dropped, but I feel like I'm still gonna hear about it anyways.

Back to the thread, everyone should give this app a try. Really is the best contact manager out there.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network
Threadstarter

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

In the first post i linked to the SOURCE thru which I found the app... so i guess you got me on not linking to the DEV...

thanks for your spot on work GoodGets... it's great to have you here.

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

jdryang is just getting started

This version looks great and works great except that I have no exit button on my mogul. Is there a previous version that has that exit icon for the 6800. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryang View Post
This version looks great and works great except that I have no exit button on my mogul. Is there a previous version that has that exit icon for the 6800. Thanks.
It's pretty hard to do, but inside of iContact if you press up where the battery icon is, like right on it or slightly above it, it will minimize iContact and take you back to your homescreen (or where ever you launched it from).
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Can't we all just get along. Look at it this way: great minds must think alike to post the same thread.

Anyways. I like this app. Very smooth. Only wish there were a way to have the All People soft kep from the People Tab in TF3D to point to it. Otherwise it kind of makes the People tab completely redundant (despite being more convenient to get to unless you point a soft key on the home tab to iContacts).

Another noob question... how do you close the app?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
It's pretty hard to do, but inside of iContact if you press up where the battery icon is, like right on it or slightly above it, it will minimize iContact and take you back to your homescreen (or where ever you launched it from).
I got that. But that just minimizes it as you said. How do you actually exit it?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Can't we all just get along. Look at it this way: great minds must think alike to post the same thread.

Anyways. I like this app. Very smooth. Only wish there were a way to have the All People soft kep from the People Tab in TF3D to point to it. Otherwise it kind of makes the People tab completely redundant (despite being more convenient to get to unless you point a soft key on the home tab to iContacts).
I think you are looking for this post, in this thread, about this xda app.

You'd have to use the X button from the homescreen drop down to completely close it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I think you are looking for this post, in this thread, about this xda app.

You'd have to use the X button from the homescreen drop down to completely close it.
Thanks for that. It did the trick. Now, like most PPC geeks, I miss the old P Outlook. LOL!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004

Questions....
1. Is there any screen shots? (Could you post one? GoodGets was right, you SHOULD post some screen shots) I would appreciate it
2. I know you can put this on the All people tab, but can you make it so the call history shows as iContacts call history?
and last but not least.
3. Could you just take off the people tab on TF3D and replace it with iContacts?

Sorry for the "n00b questions" but "I am what I am"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software