PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DrFunk1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This iPhone App = This WinMo App

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Man, the beauty and ease of use of some of these apps kinda makes me want to get an iPhone, well, err, maybe an iPod Touch. I can't give up my awesome Sprint plan to switch to at&t.
LOL. I am in the same boat. I can't stand ATT. But I have found the best of both worlds. I use wmwifirouter to create a wifi hotspot and all 3 of the apps work perfectly on my ipod touch. That is something that no iphone can do.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

meetdave is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I didn't realize it was an app on the iPhone.

Your links are broken, please fix them.
I've used this app on my device and haven't noticed any problems with it. It hasn't been buggy at all for me and I think it integrates just fine into the os. And whats wrong with the style of Fake Call, I think it follows the WinMo theme prefect.

The reason it doesn't integrate well with tf3d is because tf3d isn't the standard visual theme for Windows Mobile. Its a 3rd party skin on top of Windows Mobile created by HTC, so how could an app default into the tf3d style? What if someone was running a skin using SPB Shell? Do you expect Fake Call to integrate into the same style as that too? The iPhone was designed to be beautiful and only has one theme, so the fake call app can be designed with that in mind.
Sorry, I don't follow all the apps on the iPhone. Providing links is just easier for everyone so they know exactly what you're talking about.

http://www.trinketsoftware.com/FakeCall/default.aspx
thank you for your detailed feedback!

i understand that TF3D isn't the native windows theme. To be more concise, what i meant was im looking for an app that would imitate a call in such a way that it would fit in well with the interface.

just to clarify, i apologized specifically because i realize i should have provided more information. Any future posts i make on this thread i will be sure to include a link!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetdave View Post
thank you for your detailed feedback!

i understand that TF3D isn't the native windows theme. To be more concise, what i meant was im looking for an app that would imitate a call in such a way that it would fit in well with the interface.
I know you wanted it to integrate into the TouchFlo interface better. What I'm saying is that I don't think they can program the app to adapt and change itself to whatever theme or interface is on top of WM. Besides, if you need that app to get out of a certain situation it'll work and I doubt anyone will notice its a fake call simply because of the interface, unless they have a Touch Diamond/Pro too and are looking directly at your device.

My only concern is it provides the same functionality as the equivalent iPhone app.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor
Re: [UPDATED 11/29/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

Heh, is that AvantGo channel really a viable WinMo alternative? Does anyone even use AvantGo anymore?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherv View Post
Heh, is that AvantGo channel really a viable WinMo alternative? Does anyone even use AvantGo anymore?
It looks ok. I haven't used it so I can't say. But, thats the only decent solution I could find. If someone finds something better I'll change it.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

how bout the apple urban spoon app? may come in handy when you're not sure what you wanna eat...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
how bout the apple urban spoon app? may come in handy when you're not sure what you wanna eat...
If you're talking about the ability to shake your phone and have it randomly pick a place, I don't think there's anything out there for that. But if you just want an app that'll hook you up with a place to eat I'm sure I can find something.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a WM app equal to Flycast? My local talk radio station has been advertising this app for three weeks now. I would like a dedicated app rather than using skyfire to go to their website.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Oh yeah, is there a winmo version of Be Like Lil Wayne? That is the funniest Sh*t I've ever seen on a phone!!! I would love to have that.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj77 View Post
Is there a WM app equal to Flycast? My local talk radio station has been advertising this app for three weeks now. I would like a dedicated app rather than using skyfire to go to their website.
What station are you looking for? I'd probably just do a google search for internet radio stations apps and see if they offer your station. Off the top of my head I know Kinoma makes a really good streaming app but I'm not sure what stations they offer. I'm sure there's lots of other people around here that can think of a streaming radio app.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software