PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pandora? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32908)

dtuma1980 07-24-2008 03:18 PM

Pandora?

I am sure this is a HUGE stretch - but I know pandora (the music website) isn't working on the WM yet - just wondering if anyone has thought to put and development time towards that!

I would, but frankly, I would rather see someone else do it, and do it right!

Just a suggestion - keep doing what you guys do best!:headbang:

pg2k3 07-24-2008 03:53 PM

Re: Pandora?

I second that question!

gedster314 07-24-2008 05:09 PM

Probably won't be an official thing since it's part of Sprint's pay service. I didn't have much luck with Last.fm either. Their player always cuts out on me. Anyone have any suggestions on that one.

I just use Conduit's Pocketplayer and created a playlist with about 20 internet stations I like. That's the only way I could get a large variety of Prog into my diet.

dtuma1980 07-29-2008 12:01 PM

Bumpity Bump Bump!

bkhoste 07-29-2008 12:34 PM

I know Pandora is not working, but if you are looking for free internet radio try www.accuradio.com, it works on my Mogul through Skyfire, I have not tried it on PIE. They have a ton of different styles of music to listen to, it may wet your whistle until they get Pandora working.

cardriver 07-29-2008 04:19 PM

im using last fm just fine on my mogul
have you guys tried the update that was posted a day or two ago on xda?

dtuma1980 07-29-2008 04:21 PM

I am rather particular with 'my channels' and find that Pandora is really the only thing that comes close to 'feeding my unsatiable need' for my music. :P

It would be awesome if someone is able to stabilize a front-end for pandora - don't get me wrong, I am sure that will be trickier than tricky!

darkshadow46236 07-30-2008 09:55 AM

There is a discussion about this on howardforums too. Someone from Pandora chimed in saying the problem is since they use flash streams to send the music, they need flash running on the WM devices to make it work (that or transcode everything they have into a pure mp3/wma stream and make a app to use those).

It gets worse - Adobe isn't letting anyone except the OEM's install flash (so they can't bundle it with a app). So until Adobe either lets them bundle a flash 9 implementation (which Pandora does have, working) they can't do much, even though they want to.

dtuma1980 07-30-2008 10:04 AM

Well that just plain sucks. Is adobe making the installs device specific or can we hpoefully look for an up and coming cab for all PPC devices? Or is that a licensing deal...ekk, I don't want to tread on those lines as I will gladly pay for the app if I can... :)

Qualm 07-30-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshadow46236 (Post 365342)
There is a discussion about this on howardforums too. Someone from Pandora chimed in saying the problem is since they use flash streams to send the music, they need flash running on the WM devices to make it work (that or transcode everything they have into a pure mp3/wma stream and make a app to use those).

It gets worse - Adobe isn't letting anyone except the OEM's install flash (so they can't bundle it with a app). So until Adobe either lets them bundle a flash 9 implementation (which Pandora does have, working) they can't do much, even though they want to.

Actually that was me, and I work for a direct competitor of Pandora, not Pandora itself. We have the same problem, which you will find with almost everyone in the Flash streaming business who has designed or re-designed their core player features in the past 2 years.

Namely, that we rely on Flash 8 and Flash 9 specification features, which Adobe supports in Flash Lite 3, which will be an OEM bundle only, and which obviously is not shipping. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later - if it takes much longer (> 3-6 months), Adobe is going to have a lot of upset partners, my company included.