PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Free send gps location via sms or email base google map link (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148640)

oudi1 01-08-2012 06:49 AM

Free send gps location via sms or email base google map link

1 Attachment(s)
HERE(Free Send GPS Location via SMS or Email base google map link)

You can use it to find your location, then lets you send a link with that location to a friend,
family member, business associate and so on.
When the intended recipient receives the link, they can click on it to open a dynamic map
that displays your location in real-time.
Rather than being yet another social network that you have to fill out a profile for,
invite friends, and all the other usual hassles,
SteelSoft's HERE requires no registration or login.
senders and receivers can zoom in zoom out map,
and change map type, include roadmap satellite terrain hybrid.

EyeB 01-08-2012 10:52 AM

Re: Free send gps location via sms or email base google map link

hm not bad, is it your software? Like can I make a suggestion to it?
If so, it'd be nice to be able to send that screenshot as a mms text message along with link, instead of link only

since if it only sends link, I prefer using highway's gps location app. both do the same but his is a bit more polished, it's about 6 times as large in size, but 330kb isn't big lol plus i'd prefer not to have another site (in addition to google) knowing my location if it can be helpped
[APP][18AUG09]GPS Location: Send your location via sms or email as Google Maps Link - xda-developers

I know I can take screenshot of my location in google map and send it as mms myself, but if an app did it for me that's take out extra steps and be more useful

oudi1 01-09-2012 12:10 AM

it can show map for senders and receivers.
senders and receivers can zoom in zoom out map,
and change map type, include roadmap satellite terrain hybrid.

why mms? mms need high fee, but it is free, senders and receivers can see the map
pictures too.

EyeB 01-10-2012 03:26 AM

because you need a smart phone to view the link... some in my family don't want higher fees of smartphone data plans, or just don't want one, but we get unlimited text/mms so it would be easier if I could send them the picture as mms...

maybe let me zoom in on hybrid view in app, then send what I'm seeing as mms. I manually do this in google map to help them find me in a large event since they can't use gps on phone.

oudi1 01-10-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2163803)
because you need a smart phone to view the link... some in my family don't want higher fees of smartphone data plans, or just don't want one, but we get unlimited text/mms so it would be easier if I could send them the picture as mms...

maybe let me zoom in on hybrid view in app, then send what I'm seeing as mms. I manually do this in google map to help them find me in a large event since they can't use gps on phone.

sure, I understand you.
but mms is very expensive.
in my city, $1/message.
how much in your city?

EyeB 01-11-2012 04:03 AM

mms is free for me...
I'm still on the $30 sero with gives me unlimited texts, doesn't matter what kind

Also trying out the $30 prepaid from tmobile, same deal texts included in price

derrd00 03-16-2012 12:31 AM

I manually do this in google map to help them find me in a large event since they can't use gps on phone.[IMG]http://www.********************[/IMG]