PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Disable the SMS Sent notification (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=933)

Wideawake 10-22-2006 09:43 PM

Disable the SMS Sent notification

Disable the SMS Sent notification:

If you're tired of the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS/text message, you can disable them:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 1 (DWORD decimal)
And to re-enable:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 0 (DWORD decimal)

Please note that the 'Settings' key may not exist in your device, and thus may have to be created first.

juanab 12-14-2006 11:57 AM

I was wonderif anyone has found the actual key that controlls that. it has to be somewhere. I have had a problem that after doing that alteration it messes with me speakerphone button for some reason.. I am not exactly sure why. Can anyone elighten me on this particular issue?

orangesuburban 12-14-2006 12:05 PM

i couldnt get it to work via the edit either... get SKtools. it has a check box to turn it off, works well.

JudgeDredd 12-21-2006 05:01 AM

Works fine for me

Reako10 07-18-2007 10:28 AM

How do you get this to work using Resco? I do not have an HKLM registry.

-Reako

shivers 07-18-2007 12:02 PM

there's a cab floating around that does all the work for you if you don't want to go into the registry yourself.

Alfa95 07-18-2007 12:06 PM

I did it through registry and it was a breeze and it works.

michaxcore 07-22-2007 08:39 PM

okay..i found it but i when i try to change to "1" it says access denied..and mines called SMSDeliveryNotify..its the same thing right?

Reako10 07-22-2007 08:47 PM

Wrong. If it isn't available, you need to create it. Go into Settings, then select New Key and type in Settings. Then go to New Dword, type in SMSNoSentMsg, and then for the value type in 1. Do a soft reset just in case and you are good to go.

-Reako

thevikas87 11-07-2007 12:43 AM

im sorry guys, but im pure NOOB, i dont know what all this talk of "registry" and "HKLM" means...could someone please tell me what i need to do in order to stop my phone from making a sound or vibrating when i send a message? the popup bubble is fine, but how can we get rid of the sound/vibrate?! TIA

Dralic 11-07-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevikas87 (Post 115698)
im sorry guys, but im pure NOOB, i dont know what all this talk of "registry" and "HKLM" means...could someone please tell me what i need to do in order to stop my phone from making a sound or vibrating when i send a message? the popup bubble is fine, but how can we get rid of the sound/vibrate?! TIA

I have the Alltel version of your Mogul and have used PHMregedit succesfully for this change. But if you are not experienced in editing the registry you should document your changes just in case. You shouldn't mess anything up with this one at all though. If you mess it up the worst I can see is you still get the notification.

HKLM is Hkey_Local_Machine you will also see Hkey_Current_User and Hkey_Classes_Root and Hkey_Users You'll see.

Follow the instructions in the first post will get rid of all vibs sounds and bubbles. I don't know how to keep the bubble and loose the others but I didn't want any of them so...

Dralic 11-07-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10 (Post 65764)
Wrong. If it isn't available, you need to create it. Go into Settings, then select New Key and type in Settings. Then go to New Dword, type in SMSNoSentMsg, and then for the value type in 1. Do a soft reset just in case and you are good to go.

-Reako

I had to creat Settings Key and the the SMSNoSentMsg Dword

CozBoogie 11-07-2007 12:50 PM

Just f.y.i....SK Tools has the ability to disable the sent notification bubble.

late,
Coz

Dralic 11-07-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie (Post 116009)

late,
Coz

So does advanced config

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11215

CozBoogie 11-07-2007 06:59 PM

I know...who do you think put the .cab in the thread:p

late,
Coz

Dralic 11-07-2007 07:05 PM

I noticed that I didn't really post it for you but I thought having a couple different options in the same place was good for people looking around like me.

You've helped me out a lot with your post.
Thanks.

:headbang:

CozBoogie 11-07-2007 07:14 PM

It's all good my man!!!!!

late,
Coz

stepchild 11-07-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie (Post 116009)

late,
Coz

Where in sk tools is this action located? I have looked and can't seem to find it.

elbe189 11-10-2007 07:25 AM

how do u get this to werk on tha tmobile wing???

snotboy32 11-10-2007 07:41 AM

you can do it with this program also. PocketToolman v2.25 Build 74
here is the link: (its freeware) http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...ttoolman.shtml

gtnotoriouz 11-21-2007 05:17 AM

Works on Sprint Touch! :)

cmims05 12-08-2007 07:40 PM

im new to this and i hate that notofication...can someone please walk me throough the process. please

GoodThings2Life 12-08-2007 07:46 PM

cmims05,

If you would prefer to not use another application to do this change, try this:

Download this CAB file and copy it to your phone (ActiveSync > Explore), and then from the phone click on the CAB file to install. After it installs, you may need to wait 60 seconds and reboot if the change doesn't take effect immediately.

Regards,
Aaron

Bitis 01-07-2008 02:09 PM

Serious Help Needed!!! Deleted Entire Inbox Contents

I am a noob to this and while trying to figure out what I was doing, I ended up deleting the entire inbox. Now I do not have text or e-mail abilities on my phone. Can anyone e-mail me the folders, string.s, and DWORD values I need to get this info back. I have Sprint as a carrier if this helps. My e-mail in Bitisnasicornis@msn.com. Thank you, and yes I am a dork for making this mistake.

sexipink 01-07-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake (Post 7791)
Disable the SMS Sent notification:

If you're tired of the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS/text message, you can disable them:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 1 (DWORD decimal)
And to re-enable:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 0 (DWORD decimal)

Please note that the 'Settings' key may not exist in your device, and thus may have to be created first.

I know this is an old post but i just ran across it, how do you get to the hklm\ software etc...... do you get there from settings, programs, or inbox

eehrhard 01-09-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexipink (Post 156656)
I know this is an old post but i just ran across it, how do you get to the hklm\ software etc...... do you get there from settings, programs, or inbox

You need a registry editor such as Resco Explorer, PHM or some other. Once you are in the registry the HKLM is an abbreviation for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which is a group of registry settings. Be careful messing with the registry as you can mess things up.