PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Free Sprint Navigation! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93908)

gxip 11-01-2009 04:24 AM

Free Sprint Navigation!

Ok, I've seen a lot of "free" sprint navigation that involves using the trial period or having a simply everything plan but I figured out a way to use free sprint navigation without any of those a while back while I was using the TP.... I haven't tried it in the TP2 since I can't anymore but it might work.

To make things short I used to have the TP and one day I decided to use sprint's navigation, when it asked me to log in I used my sisters in law account information (username ******@sprintpcs.com; password: ******). To my surprise I was able to use her sprint account on my sprint's navigation for as long as she was a sprint user. When she canceled her account I lost the privilege.

Now I'm not saying you should do this; This information is for instructional purposes only. Do not steal a service; if you feel the need to have it then you should pay for the service. But if you were to know a friend who has the simply everything plan or is paying for sprint navigation you could use the sprint navigation for free without that account having to pay extra fees. I don't know if it stills work since like i said I can't try anymore, but it's worth a try for those of you who can.

I searched for this around and couldn't find this anywhere and since I haven't contributed that much in here I thought this could help a few...:mrgreen:

pokerpot 11-01-2009 05:47 AM

Re: Free Sprint Navigation!

I'd be scared of getting caught and losing all of my SERO accounts.

I decided to just install iGO8 and use google maps... that pretty much has me covered.

Thanks for the effort, but I won't be trying your method.

tr0s 11-01-2009 07:15 AM

i had a weird experience with that one. it happened a while ago so i'm a little fuzzy on the details but i just made up a name and put it in the login screen. i know telenav keeps track of your contacts on your account and i'm not entirely sure how it happened but somehow it loaded someone elses contact list. they were definitely people i did not know... and NO i didn't try anything with it.

eman 11-01-2009 07:26 AM

That title is a little misleading and not really anything groundbreaking.....You know you can get free software to if you use someone elses acivation codes......

Likwid 11-01-2009 11:35 AM

Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

lol, unethical... always fun I guess. TomTom works for me

gxip 11-01-2009 02:17 PM

Lol, yeah personally I always used iGO8 but it was fun to know that I could use sprint navigation for free. I had it for about a year (maybe since I barely used it they didn't notice?).
Quote:

That title is a little misleading and not really anything groundbreaking.....You know you can get free software to if you use someone elses acivation codes......
Anyway sorry if the title is misleading but it's just some information that people should be aware of. Also, doing this does give you free sprint navigation. If you care to try it or not its up to you and you run the consequences of your actions. I'm merely sharing an experience that I thought could be useful for some(like it was for me), not in anyway near "groundbreaking" hehe. I really did not know I could get free software by doing that btw, I felt it was weird actually that sprint would allow this in a software that connects to the internet (which they could easily monitor to prevent this). I mean 2 accounts running in different phones: why would it even ask for a username and passwod instead of doing it by itself? It's like they want people to do it. :evil4:

nico4k 11-04-2009 04:33 PM

well, if you dont mind entering name and email everytime you login to sprint navigation, i figured a way to get it for free on the TP/TP2.
after a hard-reset, open Sprint Nav and you will be prompted for name and email and lets you in without any prompts...even if you dont have a plan that includes it. but you MUST exit the app from the HTC Task manager. Then when you start it again, the same thing will happen in an endless loop...as long as you end the app by htc task manager...works for me everytime.

austin420 11-04-2009 05:42 PM

really i just type fgs fds or some stuff. my phone no is automaticly filled in and i just enter garble in for the name. even 1 letter in each box will work.

AZTECHKA 11-04-2009 07:00 PM

I just get the everything plan... my wife and I have everything and with my corporate discount, I only pay slightly over 100 bucks with insurance on both phones. I get to use EVERYTHING... unless I try to use something not included in the everything plan. lol.
p.