PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   CHT Christmas Theme - Including new Days-2-Xmas Widget (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137822)

lnando84 12-02-2010 02:39 PM

CHT Christmas Theme - Including new Days-2-Xmas Widget

7 Attachment(s)
Here's a great Christmas theme for CHT made by xda member "Dunc001".

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8...meprescopy.png

What does the theme cab include?

CHT Comm Toggles - Airplane, Wifi, Bluetooth, Phone, Silent, Vibrate
CHT Notification Icons incl Voicemail now
CHT HD Mini Lockscreen - Snowman lock slider, slider notification icons
Email and SMS widget skins (see instructions)
CHT softkeys and dock - Apps (start menu), CHT (CHT menu), Web, Phone, Tabs, Lock

Add-on widgets for theme:

dSign Clock v1.2 LE including Christmas layout
Days2Xmas widget - a massive thanks to Rat for this one. My idea was for a simple countdown widget using 25-CurrentDayDate as the calculation, however Rat has as usual come up with a genius script which will now work right up until Christmas 2019, right throughout the year!!!!

Wallpaper pack includes 5 1440x800 wallpapers plus a 480x800 for skinning the taskbar to match the WP in the screenshots (this obviously won't work with any of the other walls!)

The screenshots also include a snow forelayer which I made. I have posted it here as well, but for instructions on how to use it you'll need to refer to the Forelayer thread here in the HD2 Themes subforum.

Instructions:

-Download and install the cab then soft reset. Do the same with the 2 CHT widget cabs.
-Download and unzip the wallpaper folder and copy them to wherever you keep your wallpapers.
-Set the Very wide WP to Christmas WP2 and skin the taskbar with the Christmas Taskbar WP.
-Add the email, SMS, dSign clock (Christmas Layout) and Days2Xmas widgets (select your language in layout options)
-Change the main and sub text colours for the email and SMS widgets in CHTE to 252,202,38
-Add the toggles and notification icons as freelinks - toggles need to be down the right side or the candy canes will look a little daft!).
-Select your softkeys in CHTE.

He has also posted a zip file with the photoshop template for the softkeys if you want to add your own.

Christmas weather mod from Miller - LOOK HERE

Christmas theme startup sounds by Mike, choice of three (cab install) - LOOK HERE

UPDATES:

There was a problem with the CHT_voicemail png in the original theme cab so he has fixed it and posted an updated cab. If you have already installed the theme then just download the CHT_voicemail.zip from this post, unzip and copy the image to \Windows. Restart sense and the icon will now appear correctly

If you are having problems with CHT not allowing you to install more than 9 widgets LOOK HERE for the fix - thanks Mike/Poyensa/Santod

If you have a white square where the number of days should be, then try santod's fixed cab. Get it from post 19 or directly from HERE
Please uninstall the original first and soft reset.
Then install the fixed cab below and soft reset.
Then add the widget to the screen and start counting down the days.

Enjoy..

More Info can be found on the Application Thread HERE

boredandtattooed 12-02-2010 02:50 PM

Re: CHT Christmas Theme - Including new Days-2-Xmas Widget

gotta link to the OP thread(add it to your first post)??? itd be nice to the see screenshots over there

lnando84 12-02-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2006000)
gotta link to the OP thread(add it to your first post)??? itd be nice to the see screenshots over there

Oops, I normally do include a link, looks like i forgot to add it. Thanks for the heads up..Its been added to 1st post. FYI.. there aren't any other screenshots, at least for now, then the one in 1st post.

lnando84 12-03-2010 02:02 PM

Christmas weather mod from Miller - LOOK HERE

Christmas theme startup sounds by Mike, choice of three (cab install) - LOOK HERE

UPDATES:

There was a problem with the CHT_voicemail png in the original theme cab so he has fixed it and posted an updated cab. If you have already installed the theme then just download the CHT_voicemail.zip from this post, unzip and copy the image to \Windows. Restart sense and the icon will now appear correctly

If you are having problems with CHT not allowing you to install more than 9 widgets LOOK HERE for the fix - thanks Mike/Poyensa/Santod

rrjskj 12-03-2010 04:32 PM

very good find man i'll try em out when i get home...

ModmyPPC 12-06-2010 10:50 AM

This is really cool thanks and thanked

ModmyPPC 12-06-2010 03:56 PM

In your installation instructions you never mentioned what you do with the psd file for the softkeys.

Do you just paste it in the windows directory?

What do you do with it?

also is that snow man a widget? its not in the wallpaper

Also the weather toggle, proximity sensor, proximity Relight, push mail, socks are all white and not green. Can you change this because it gets lost in the snowy mountain hill background. I can always change the background I guess. But when you go to select the toggle the sock shows up green and not white.

lnando84 12-06-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2008420)
In your installation instructions you never mentioned what you do with the psd file for the softkeys.

Do you just paste it in the windows directory?

What do you do with it?

also is that snow man a widget? its not in the wallpaper

Also the weather toggle, proximity sensor, proximity Relight, push mail, socks are all white and not green. Can you change this because it gets lost in the snowy mountain hill background. I can always change the background I guess. But when you go to select the toggle the sock shows up green and not white.

Its posted under the instructions.. the psd is a photoshop file(template) if you wanted to extend the softkeys buttons to others shortcuts/apps. In the cab, he only included the 5 in the screenshot (apps, web, cht, tabs, lock).

The snowman is the lockslider for the hd mini lockscreen. That was posted under..

What does the theme cab include?

CHT HD Mini Lockscreen - Snowman lock slider, slider notification icons
CHT softkeys and dock - Apps (start menu), CHT (CHT menu), Web, Phone, Tabs, Lock

Sorry not sure I understand what you mean about the toggles being white not green? Are you talking about the symbol (ex. phone, bluetooth) is white and then turns green when running? How in the pic above the phone symbol is the only one lit green?

ModmyPPC 12-06-2010 06:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2008455)
Its posted under the instructions.. the psd is a photoshop file(template) if you wanted to extend the softkeys buttons to others shortcuts/apps. In the cab, he only included the 5 in the screenshot (apps, web, cht, tabs, lock).

Thanks i never used photoshop so I didn't know what the file extension was relating too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2008455)
Sorry not sure I understand what you mean about the toggles being white not green? Are you talking about the symbol (ex. phone, bluetooth) is white and then turns green when running? How in the pic above the phone symbol is the only one lit green?

The socks are white when they enter the home screen but when your selecting a free link they are green. See attached screen caps.

Also as you can see my Days 2 Xmas cab is not showing the countdown its just white. Do you know why? I tried removing and re-installing but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks and thanked

lnando84 12-06-2010 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2008535)
Thanks i never used photoshop so I didn't know what the file extension was relating too.

The socks are white when they enter the home screen but when your selecting a free link they are green. See attached screen caps.

Also as you can see my Days 2 Xmas cab is not showing the countdown its just white. Do you know why? I tried removing and re-installing but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks and thanked

O ok, I see what you mean now. They do that because he only made the socks for the 5 toggles in the screenshot. I went ahead and made the 5 additional ones that were missing. Only difference with these is when they are toggled "on" the top part of sock will turn from white to green instead of the logo itself. Let me know how they work out.

As for the days 2 xmas widget.. which widget did you install first and to where? Did you soft-reset after each widget install? Try installing Dsign first, then days2xmas.

ModmyPPC 12-06-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2008620)
O ok, I see what you mean now. They do that because he only made the socks for the 5 toggles in the screenshot. I went ahead and made the 5 additional ones that were missing. Only difference with these is when they are toggled "on" the top part of sock will turn from white to green instead of the logo itself. Let me know how they work out.

ok thanks ill try it out tonight

Quote:

As for the days 2 xmas widget.. which widget did you install first and to where? Did you soft-reset after each widget install? Try installing Dsign first, then days2xmas.

I dont remember which order i installed them. I just remember installing the countdown last. I installed them all to device. and I didn't reset after each install so ill do a HR and try again.

Thanks for the reply man Sorry im such a P.i.t.a.

lnando84 12-07-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2008653)
ok thanks ill try it out tonight

I dont remember which order i installed them. I just remember installing the countdown last. I installed them all to device. and I didn't reset after each install so ill do a HR and try again.

Thanks for the reply man Sorry im such a P.i.t.a.

Don't worry about it bro, i'm happy to help! Yea its suggested that you soft-reset your device after any widget install just to be on the safe side. Is a HR really necessary..couldn't you uninstall the widgets then reinstall it all in the correct order? with of course a SR in between installs?

ModmyPPC 12-07-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

It looks like those toggles turn green when they are on and are white when they are off.

I havn't tried your cab yet. I need to when i get home its greatly appreciated.

also When I tried just removing the cabs and it didn't work. Im in the process of doing a HR.

Im determined to get this to work.

I must be a serious dumba$$ if im the only one having problems. :angry7:

lnando84 12-08-2010 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2009154)
It looks like those toggles turn green when they are on and are white when they are off.

I havn't tried your cab yet. I need to when i get home its greatly appreciated.

also When I tried just removing the cabs and it didn't work. Im in the process of doing a HR.

Im determined to get this to work.

I must be a serious dumba$$ if im the only one having problems. :angry7:

haha na bro, you aren't the only one. well yea i guess here but over at xda there have been quite a few members running into similar problems on their devices. I'm positive we can get it working correctly on your phone. Let me know if you run into any other problems after you reinstall everything.

ModmyPPC 12-08-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2009532)
haha na bro, you aren't the only one. well yea i guess here but over at xda there have been quite a few members running into similar problems on their devices. I'm positive we can get it working correctly on your phone. Let me know if you run into any other problems after you reinstall everything.

Ok In this order I installed from a HR
1. dunc001 CHT 2.0 Christmas Theme.cab soft reset
2.CHTAddon Widget dSign Clock v1.2 LE.cab soft reset
3.Rat & Dunc CHTAddon Widget Days2Xmas.cab soft reset

and Im still getting the same issue..

I installed the Rat & Dunc CHTAddon Widget Days2Xmas.cab by itself and it doesn't work. Still get the white box over the #of days.

Do you think it could be something with the rom? Im on 23150 Sprint SharkieROM CE v2.0 R4

PPCFreak 12-08-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2009590)

I installed the Rat & Dunc CHTAddon Widget Days2Xmas.cab by itself and it doesn't work. Still get the white box over the #of days.

Do you think it could be something with the rom? Im on 23150 Sprint SharkieROM CE v2.0 R4

Getting same thing on the count down.
I am on Energy Nov. 25th 23699 CHT2.0 Sencity ROM.
Would really like to use the count down as it is a great idea and could use it for other dates as well in the future.

lnando84 12-08-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2009590)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2009798)
Getting same thing on the count down.
I am on Energy Nov. 25th 23699 CHT2.0 Sencity ROM.
Would really like to use the count down as it is a great idea and could use it for other dates as well in the future.

Ok guys, did a little reading over @ xda and for all with the white square problems on her phones.

What we need to now to help you:

1. what we need is the ROM version (stock, 3rd party an own one and the number of version). Because of CFC or NOT CFC for graphics in manila.

2. what we need is the manila version. Because there are some guys outside who are using more tab's then normal

3. the most important thing is the CHT versions (main, chts, chte, widgets and the version number)

4. where do you have installed the widget (main or sd card)

5. do you have deleted a folder named CHTAddons on drive C?

6. Some widgets creating a folder on drive C under Program Files for her graphics as sample. Have you tranfered or do you have deleted this folder?

7. describe so far as possbile your installation (error or popups). I dont mean the soft reset popup. I hope everyone from you have done a soft reset after every widget installation. Don't install 2 or more at the same time. That can give problems. I have tested this too.

8. which widgets do you have installed. And please tell us in which order you have installed which widget.
Because there are some widgets outside who are not 100% ok. So they can deliver problems directly after the installation or when you install another one. I know because i test all widgets, really all because the CHTA stuff.

If you have an xda account, leave them a response with all the above info HERE. If not, post the info here and I'll relay it back to them for ya.

PPCFreak 12-08-2010 04:21 PM

left the info on the XDA thread.

santod 12-12-2010 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I have done some testing and found that the Days to Christmas widget was not working properly on some roms and devices.
If you have a white square where the number of days should be, then try the attached widget.cab.
Then add the widget to the screen and start counting down the days.http://media.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Days to Christmas Widget
Fixed Cab below

lnando84 12-12-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 2012064)
Ok, so I have done some testing and found that the Days to Christmas widget was not working properly on some roms and devices.
If you have a white square where the number of days should be, then try the attached widget.cab.
Then add the widget to the screen and start counting down the days.http://media.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Days to Christmas Widget
Fixed Cab below

Santod to the rescue once again. Thanks bro!! I added links to your cab in the 1st post.

PPCFreak 12-26-2010 04:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod

Days to Christmas Widget
Fixed Cab below

using the christmas countdown vs 2 that yiu did and now it displays -1 as today is dec 26th.

Anyway to change this?

Also, is there a way to change the count down date to something other than Christmas? Oh and would need to change the text as well.

Thanks.

santod 12-26-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2020120)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

using the christmas countdown vs 2 that yiu did and now it displays -1 as today is dec 26th.

Anyway to change this?

Also, is there a way to change the count down date to something other than Christmas? Oh and would need to change the text as well.

Thanks.

It will count down in negative, until the new year begins.
Then it starts over again.
There has been talk of someone converting it to allow for it to count down to editable dates as well.
But that has yet to be done.
If I get some time and it has not been done yet, I may do so myself.
Merry Christmas(day after) and Happy New Year to everyone!:snow2:

PPCFreak 01-03-2011 03:02 PM

@santod:
Any updates on getting this to work with registry?

Would like to use the count down for other functions than just Christmas.

Thanks.