PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

DaveTN 08-15-2010 06:23 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/8/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Ok, After much persuasion from my friends over in the Energy Rom forum (Bteljce, teradog, tkedch, etc) I have decided to start playing around with some overclocking (long history with PC's, first time with my TP2). I'm starting out on the low end of the 700's and going to work my way up as I feel comfortable.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to give it a try and for all the wonderful info in this and the other OC'ing thread.

David

quickdraw62 08-16-2010 06:33 AM

Well, all that I went through with the help of nayr to get the phone overclocked without the SOD and I discovered the battery life gets eaten up at 748. I tried it at 710 and still the battery got eaten up. I was at 40% with normal use after about 9 hours.

rhacy 08-16-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1912552)
Well, all that I went through with the help of nayr to get the phone overclocked without the SOD and I discovered the battery life gets eaten up at 748. I tried it at 710 and still the battery got eaten up. I was at 40% with normal use after about 9 hours.

I've noticed an increase in battery drain and processor heat using oruam57's SetCpuSpeed-1.0d app with Netripper's Msm7kCpuSpeed app. I tested SetCpuSpeed at 710, 729, and 748 MHz, with a throttled speed of 604 MHz. To verify the battery and heat increases, I used Thermo and acbPowerMeter.

On an encouraging note, I've been testing the new dynamic OverClockTool by iwfratz over at xda for the last few days, and my TP2 has been running noticeable cooler overclocked. This appears to be due to the cpu running underclocked when not being used much. Nonetheless, even with the underclock, the system still appears to use more battery juice during normal or heavy use.

If anyone has interest in testing out the new OverClockTool by iwfratz, check out this link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162

Please note, that if you would like to have the OverClockTool run at start up. You will need to paste a shortcut for it's run.exe to your Windows\StartUp folder. I recommend only doing this once you have tested your OverClockTool GUI settings for a while, including restarting Sense, to ensure your system can handle your selected overclock and step intervals.

Best to all,
R

vradi 08-17-2010 09:40 AM

Hi all, I have been doing 729 with the V3 scripts without a single SOD for the last two weeks!!!

The only problem I have noticed is with the bluetooth stereo streaming A2DP. I use this profile to play music in my car. At first the phone will connect fine and stream music without any problem to the car stereo but if for whatever reason you break the pairing (lets say because you stopped your car to pickup a coffee) when it reconnects again the audio is very chopped-up. The only way to fix this is to reset the phone. I am almost certain that this is related to overclock but I will do some further testing to make sure.

Has anybody else noticed anything similar?

bteljuice 08-17-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 1912125)
Ok, After much persuasion from my friends over in the Energy Rom forum (Bteljce, teradog, tkedch, etc) I have decided to start playing around with some overclocking (long history with PC's, first time with my TP2). I'm starting out on the low end of the 700's and going to work my way up as I feel comfortable.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to give it a try and for all the wonderful info in this and the other OC'ing thread.

David

Welcome aboard David :wave:

Glad you finally OC'ed.
Did you reach 748 yet? How does OC compared to your stock 528Mhz frequency. Let us know your feedback on it :)

slochild 08-17-2010 12:38 PM

rhacy, I've not tried the new OverClockTool by iwfratz, but since I seem to only be able to hit 710 no matter what combo of everything else I use I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

KrazyKevin76 08-17-2010 02:35 PM

I got everything to work @ 710. Then I bumped up to 786. Now it locks up. I'm using the mort script and I have safemode enabled. BUt, how in the world do I get to safemode? Or if safemode is just a time period, I used the default time, and I can't get to the settings to change the speed back lower. Any help?

popdog54 08-17-2010 04:09 PM

Safe mode is the delayed time period when the phone first boots up at a slower speed you set (it should be no more than 604). This is done in case your overclock speed locks up your phone. It gives you some time to reset the overclock speed. If you set the delay time too short then you won't get a chance to reset the speed. Hopefully you installed the script to your SD card. If so, pull the card out and soft reset. By doing this you won't run the script. Once the phone reboots reinsert the card and run the script. Try a slower OC speed and increase the delay time so you won't have to pull the card again.

jhpaintballer101 08-20-2010 09:09 PM

do i have to restart after i do this? or what? i read but didnt see anytihng on that

matchstickredgti 08-20-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhpaintballer101 (Post 1919022)
do i have to restart after i do this? or what? i read but didnt see anytihng on that

yeppp