PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   CHT 1.7 ghost message..!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120687)

JDM_SOHC 05-10-2010 12:23 PM

CHT 1.7 ghost message..!!

On the home tab, my notification bar says I have an unread text however it's not the same issue as before we could use the RegEdit or FixUnreadCount.exe because in my text folder it doesn't say I have one, it's only on the Cookie Home notification bar... Anyone gotta clue on a fix..??

Q_Q 05-10-2010 01:23 PM

Re: CHT 1.7 ghost message..!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1743492)
On the home tab, my notification bar says I have an unread text however it's not the same issue as before we could use the RegEdit or FixUnreadCount.exe because in my text folder it doesn't say I have one, it's only on the Cookie Home notification bar... Anyone gotta clue on a fix..??

That's odd, this is exactly what every1 is referencing - a phantom unread SMS in the notification bar.
I used the FixUnreadCount.exe & it worked for me yest.
The RegEdit worked for a month & then it started allowing the phantom unread count back in.

You might have to reboot a couple of time but it did clear it out using the .exe tweak above.

Else you have to resort to checking the HTMLNote.dll tweak out:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=9129977

JDM_SOHC 05-10-2010 02:26 PM

Thanks man I'll check into that... I've tried the FixUnread file and the RegEdit and they both show that I have no notifications... Oh well we'll see how it goes..!!

RED_RAIN 05-10-2010 04:43 PM

Did this start to happen when you were getting a MMS?

JDM_SOHC 05-10-2010 04:58 PM

No I don't think so?

guitar100 05-10-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1743492)

Sometimes messages you write don`t get sent,it stays in draft.Under messages,hit all messages,top left corner might show drafts.Delete as i have several times.Hope that helps.

jnuts5423 05-11-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitar100 (Post 1744305)
Sometimes messages you write don`t get sent,it stays in draft.Under messages,hit all messages,top left corner might show drafts.Delete as i have several times.Hope that helps.

I have the same issue. its a quick fix. your on the right path, but its within state/mms, not text. i get a notification bout 3 times a week. its from mms's. they dont show up on your slider, only on the cookie notification bar. go to system/state/messages/mms/unread. change it to 0. that'll fix it

Q_Q 05-11-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnuts5423 (Post 1745305)
I have the same issue. its a quick fix. your on the right path, but its within state/mms, not text. i get a notification bout 3 times a week. its from mms's. they dont show up on your slider, only on the cookie notification bar. go to system/state/messages/mms/unread. change it to 0. that'll fix it

Like this

While I find that the MMS does stick the fix, the SMS fix, after a month, came back.
Odd.

So then I had to use this cab...which seems to have made the SMS work ...for now...

JDM_SOHC 05-11-2010 05:07 PM

That's the FixUnreadCount file that I said I already tried, still no luck...

And I've deleted every message from every folder and it still says I have one...

daddymikey1975 05-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1746114)
That's the FixUnreadCount file that I said I already tried, still no luck...

And I've deleted every message from every folder and it still says I have one...

Not to sound like an idiot, but when I get this ghost.. I delete everything from every folder INCLUDING the "Deleted" folder and "conversations" folder..

did you make certain that there were no messages left on your phone ?