PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Best Browsers for WM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105337)

dlee83 01-08-2010 05:08 PM

Best Browsers for WM

What is the "lightest" browser for the Touch Pro in terms of Memory usage? I have IE, Opera Mobile 10 beta, and Iris Browser, and it seems like IE is the only one that doesn't run out of memory.

What about you?

lil_wayne99 01-09-2010 12:27 AM

Re: Best Browsers for WM

opera mini 4.2

dlee83 01-09-2010 07:59 PM

I tried Opera Mini and it was worse than IE in terms of performance for my phone.

Oditius 01-12-2010 07:48 AM

I use Sky Fire..

Deltatristar500 01-12-2010 12:34 PM

Skyfire

MikeElGiga23 01-12-2010 12:38 PM

opera mini for speed and lightness (even though im not of fan myself)

roopull 01-16-2010 06:56 PM

I'm thinking that if you're running out of memory, you must have other apps running, too. Check your task manager, if you haven't already, and clean up the background applications.

Never4saken 01-20-2010 03:31 PM

I like anything other than IE

playya 02-02-2010 12:06 PM

I agree with Skyfire...very useable

SeanNoxious 02-04-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never4saken (Post 1504193)
I like anything other than IE

I hear that.

iviyth0s 02-04-2010 02:13 AM

Iris is the best browser around, just don't have 4 intensive tabs open

pheonix991 02-12-2010 06:35 AM

Opera 10 beta

anhphe076 02-12-2010 08:58 AM

Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 for Windows Mobile phones

Vxixz 02-12-2010 12:56 PM

I personally like UC mobile browser, its fast ...REALLY FAST, only thing about it i find is some roms glitch out certin features of it. For example on NFSF's 1.03b build after about 10 minutes of consistant use i get a timeout error when connecting to websites which requires a quick restart of the browser to fix. Just tiny things like that

But, runnings NFSF's rom i just use his custom opera builds. Never had a problem quick and stable

krautdog 02-13-2010 04:50 PM

Hey Vxixz, I really appreciate the recommendation for UC Browser, I set it up last night and have been using it since and really like it. Everything takes a little getting used to especially after using other things for so long (Opera) but setting it up the way I wanted kind of served that purpose for me and I am already used to it and liking it very much. BTW I am using Ski-Rom and don't have any glitches...if there is anything that maybe isn't quite right, it is that on some selection clickable tabs (such as choosing to remember logins, wish to overwrite favorite already in memory, etc...) the yes/no text doesn't show up on the button, it just has the little square that shows up when a software can't display text correctly. I see this as very minor, as common sense and experience tells me that "yes" is usually the top box, and "no" would be the bottom. I like the way it handles the whole favorite sites process, with the default home page being very functional, and it also has a great little file explorer built in. Of course it doesn't have near the functionality of a full-on file explorer (such as Resco which is my choice) but is very handy for simple things if you don't have your full-on file explorer open and you are already in UC Browser and is very fast also, just as UC is also very fast in its intended purpose as you have said. I am very happy with it and have locked it in as my default browser. It supposedly handles flash video also although I haven't tried this out yet. Thank you very much for the tip! I love PPCGeeks!
-krautdog

Vxixz 02-18-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krautdog (Post 1563274)
Hey Vxixz, I really appreciate the recommendation for UC Browser, I set it up last night and have been using it since and really like it. Everything takes a little getting used to especially after using other things for so long (Opera) but setting it up the way I wanted kind of served that purpose for me and I am already used to it and liking it very much. BTW I am using Ski-Rom and don't have any glitches...if there is anything that maybe isn't quite right, it is that on some selection clickable tabs (such as choosing to remember logins, wish to overwrite favorite already in memory, etc...) the yes/no text doesn't show up on the button, it just has the little square that shows up when a software can't display text correctly. I see this as very minor, as common sense and experience tells me that "yes" is usually the top box, and "no" would be the bottom. I like the way it handles the whole favorite sites process, with the default home page being very functional, and it also has a great little file explorer built in. Of course it doesn't have near the functionality of a full-on file explorer (such as Resco which is my choice) but is very handy for simple things if you don't have your full-on file explorer open and you are already in UC Browser and is very fast also, just as UC is also very fast in its intended purpose as you have said. I am very happy with it and have locked it in as my default browser. It supposedly handles flash video also although I haven't tried this out yet. Thank you very much for the tip! I love PPCGeeks!
-krautdog

Glad i could help :), ditto love ppcgeeks!!!

SeanNoxious 03-09-2010 02:49 PM

I love opera 10 beta 3 but it's too bugggy for me i can't get skyfire to connect to my metro internet. Ie blows some monkey cawk and opera 9.7 is the most stable go to browser when in doubt opera 9.7. :mrgreen:

gratefultyler 03-27-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 (Post 1481722)
Skyfire

+1. Skyfire. Once you set it up, it's great. Opera 10, even though they took off the tag, acts like beta.

krautdog 03-27-2010 09:49 PM

Well I just fired up Skyfire for the first time in a long while, and boy it does seem really fast. I don't know though, it just doesn't really look that good. I wonder if it's still just basically a QVGA program that's been rigged to fit VGA screens?

degger 06-07-2010 01:04 AM

Skyfire is what i use on my tp

gokuman56 06-15-2010 02:00 AM

I agree with UCWEB, Fastest browser ever, have you compared download speeds, UCWEB Kills, 33 mb in 3-4 mins!!!!! Via Wi-fi 320 kb/s download speed

ctylsxj 12-05-2010 02:38 AM

not ,uc is my best one
chinese guy

sixfootslim24 05-18-2011 08:32 PM

it depends on what i'm doing. skyfire for youtube and other vid sites (like channelsurfing.net b4 they got busted :(), if i want to look up something quick, i use opera 10 (sometimes 9.7), if you need a cheap browser use mini or uc. my prob with uc is that i can't get youtube to play (freerunning bloopers are classic :twisted:).