PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

chi_vinh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon GPS problem please help.

hello guys!

I have a problem to make my phone HTC XV6800 GPS work, I already flash with "dcd_titan_kitchen_3.2.6" and Radio Version "3.42.50" and I did setup for "Official Verizon xv6800 aGPS Fix" from http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix. Please help me and see do I miss any step for setup my GPS work.

I'm using Google map and Garmin XT 42050.

Thank you.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Verizon GPS problem please help.

Ok, so you updated your ROM and Radio. Did you know that aGPS only works if you have a data connection or access (not blocked)? Also, do you have your "Location" turned on?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chi_vinh is a n00b

Thanks for your reply weedahoe. Yes, I already set "LOCATION" on, and when i try to start my Garmin on without internet connection and it's still no signal showup.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Are you using any app to "prime" and are you sure the aGPS fix is working for you? Or is your issues not with aquiring GPS but rather an issue with Garmin seeing a signal? Is Garmin set to COM 4 @ 4800 baud?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chi_vinh is a n00b

Garmin set to COM 4 @ 4800 baud. Yes I already did this setup and I try to repeat aGPS fix so many time, but still not work.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Install google maps and see if the GPS works with it. Make sure you click menu and use gps after you install google maps.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_vinh View Post
Garmin set to COM 4 @ 4800 baud. Yes I already did this setup and I try to repeat aGPS fix so many time, but still not work.

Thanks
Try using gpsgate. Set Garmin to use virtual com2. www.franson.com has a free 14 day trial. It's the only thing that works for me for GPS apps. This is all considering gps is working properly. Does google maps lock?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chi_vinh is a n00b

Ok, What i did is I try flash back my orginal VZ MR1 "Radio 3.37.75" and follow Verizon aGPS Fix it's work perfect, google map can find my location.

Then I try to go back with "Titan_kitchen 3.2.6" "Radio 3.42.50" and follow Verizon aGPS Fix again, but it's not work. Do you guys have any idea.

I Just follow this link to do my work http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
Old 09-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Wireless

oodayvidoo is a n00b

i have the same setup that you do:

Verizon XV6800
Garmin Mobile XT 42050
GoogleMaps

and my GPS works awesome! instant locks within 10 seconds...

quick question for ya tho... what order did you flash in? did you flash the RADIO via SD card way or did you just use the RUU (Rom Update Utility) with the Telus or Sprint Official ROM?

cuz what i did that works is: (in this order)
1.) goto tri-color screen and attach usb to device
2.) flash the latest RUU Official Sprint ROM (or you can use the Telus version to get the 3.42.50 version) and DO NOT let the customizations run... meaning when it asks you to tap on the screen to setup the device, SOFT RESET to go back to the tri-color screen (bootloader)
3.) then flash the dcd 3.2.6 rom and let it load all the way through (do not install the garmin mobile xt yet, cuz i know it'll ask you to install it since there's an AUTORUN from the SD Card)
4.) install the Verizon carrier cab
5.) perform GC's aGPS Fix on the link you provided above (make sure you only do #'s 1-19 ONLY! the bottom half is for those with the official Verizon upgrade)
6.) now to install Garmin XT, remove the sd card for 10 seconds then re-insert it back in. Then it should perform the AutoRun and ask you if you want to install Garmin.

that is the order I did to make sure gps worked and trust me... I've been trying to find ways to make sure that my GPS works ALL the time, even when my phone hasn't been used for a while and I check back to see if Garmin picks up a signal, after all those steps that I mentioned in this reply it works 100% of the time and gets locks within 10 seconds...

hope that helps... OH! another thing...*this is while you're using Garmin XT or any GPS software, and GPS is currently active with locks on satellites* if you have the program BatteryStatus and the option in BatteryStatus where it automatically locks your device when it powers down (due to powersaving/backlight settings), when you turn it back on, then unlock it, I found that it turns GPS off and cannot be turned back on until you perform a soft-reset. Once the device boots up again, your GPS is back to normal and gets locks within 10 seconds!

man... i haven't typed such a long reply in a while but for all you guys out there struggling to have a 100% working GPS on VZN, this is what I did to make sure its up to par with the other GPS phones working at 100%.

if you have questions or other problems let me know, cuz i'm pretty sure i ran into them too... especially with verizon's xv6800 gps capabilities

Last edited by oodayvidoo; 09-29-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: added content...
Old 10-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chi_vinh is a n00b

Hi oodayvidoo. I try to follow your step but my phone still not work, here are those step i did

1. Flash orginal Sprint "RUU_TITIAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.35.651.2" and ater it done do SOFT RESET to go back to the tri-color screen (bootloader) before it customizations run....
2. Flash "dcd_titan_3.2.6"
3. Then Flash Radio "Titan_Radio_ROM_3.27.75" by using SD Memory to flash.
4. Install the Verizon carrier cab after install done turn off phone and turn back on.
5. Then setup for "Official Verizon xv6800 aGPS Fix" from 1-19
PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
PDE Port Number: 8888
PDE Transport: IP
Position Calculation: PDE
And install GC Verizon aGPS.cab after it done turn off phone and turn it back.
And set "Location On"
6. Next install Garmin TX into the phone.
First I try to setup "Use Serial GPS with COM4" then not work
Second I try setup "Use GPS Intermediate Driver" then not work too.

1. First try to open Garmin TX without connect to "Verizon data by dial #777" Do I need to connect while I open it?
2. Second try connect "Verizon data" same time open with Garmin but still not luck.

So Do you have any idea or do I miss any step?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development