PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   WM6.5 for HTC Titan Build 23566/21891 *UPDATE* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70427)

MrPenguin_2 06-15-2009 02:55 AM

Re: WM6.5 for Sprint Mogul Build 21812 UPDATE

Quote:

Originally Posted by myriam (Post 975102)
Sorry if I'm dumb, but how do I install it? It's an HTML. My computer doesn't recognizes it. Don't you have an .exe file?

The file is actually a .nbh file. What he has posted are links to download the file. So just click the link, click download, and you should be set.

DavidinCT 06-15-2009 04:03 AM

Ok, I gave your rom a shot, I wanted a pretty clean rom (no weather or 4 row icons or anything). Just in the basic looking around...

1. Office shows 2 icons, one with nothing in it and the other with a (1) with it in there.
2. On the home page, No battery icon (shows the clock twice in in titaniam one on the top)
3. Are you using the right font for the start menu (after clicking start the text is not right and some items get cut off)?
4. I'm on Verizon, Is there a way to get rid (uninstall) Sprint TV ? (or find a way to get a verzion user to be able to use it...better)
5. Is this the default dialer with 6.5 ? Ugly

Thanks so far, more when I get it sync'ing

jmartin72 06-15-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 975726)
Ok, I gave your rom a shot, I wanted a pretty clean rom (no weather or 4 row icons or anything). Just in the basic looking around...

1. Office shows 2 icons, one with nothing in it and the other with a (1) with it in there.
2. On the home page, No battery icon (shows the clock twice in in titaniam one on the top)
3. Are you using the right font for the start menu (after clicking start the text is not right and some items get cut off)?
4. I'm on Verizon, Is there a way to get rid (uninstall) Sprint TV ? (or find a way to get a verzion user to be able to use it...better)
5. Is this the default dialer with 6.5 ? Ugly

Thanks so far, more when I get it sync'ing

Thanks for the feed back. I have no way of knowing what the verizon version looks like because i'm on Sprint. I'll look into the issue you have and see if I can't cook a better Verizon Rom. In the mean time you could download the Sprint Rom and install a carrier .cab and it should work.

Shoot2ill 06-15-2009 10:42 AM

Excellent build. Very clean. Thank you.

Any chance you could include the Weather plug-in in your next update?

Edit:

Looks like the SMS Auto Correct issue is still occurring in your latest build (21812). Is there a manual fix for this? (RegEdit, CAB, etc.)

jmartin72 06-15-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoot2ill (Post 975941)
Excellent build. Very clean. Thank you.

Any chance you could include the Weather plug-in in your next update?

Edit:

Looks like the SMS Auto Correct issue is still occurring in your latest build (21812). Is there a manual fix for this? (RegEdit, CAB, etc.)

what exactly is the issue you are having with SMS. I have not seen any issues with mine.

Grizzly_Addams 06-15-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmartin72 (Post 976006)
what exactly is the issue you are having with SMS. I have not seen any issues with mine.

When you are typing in any text field (Not just SMS) and you enter a punctuation mark (say, a ".") it will become underlined awaiting correction, and a few seconds after you continue typing the cursor will be moved back to the punctuation.

So if you intend to type:

"Hi Bob. My name is John."

It usually ends up looking like:

"Hi Bob.ame is John. My n"

This problem was addressed and solved in bbsandkm thread with his ROM, though when asked he would not share how, lol.

Also, for the love of god and all that is holy, please DO NOT include the weather plugin in any future releases. Your ROM is so fast. I hate that stupid thing and it will ruin your nice clean rom. If someone wants it I'm sure they can get it otherwise.

Shoot2ill 06-15-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly_Addams (Post 976082)
Also, for the love of god and all that is holy, please DO NOT include the weather plugin in any future releases. Your ROM is so fast. I hate that stupid thing and it will ruin your nice clean rom. If someone wants it I'm sure they can get it otherwise.

Haha. I can understand that. The CAB is easy enough to install I suppose, though I was having trouble getting it to work. That's why I made the request to integrate it.

And I agree, this build is much quicker than bbsandkm's.

DavidinCT 06-15-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

+1, Not everyone is too lasy to look out the window to see what the weather is :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, it's a nice app but, I don't want 3rd party apps just connecting to the internet to update itself. I've been looking for a cleaner rom, with out all that crap, if I want it, I'll install it.

jmartin72 06-16-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

When you are typing in any text field (Not just SMS) and you enter a punctuation mark (say, a ".") it will become underlined awaiting correction, and a few seconds after you continue typing the cursor will be moved back to the punctuation.

This problem was addressed and solved in bbsandkm thread with his ROM, though when asked he would not share how, lol.

I've been trying for the life of me, and I just can't get my phone to do what you are saying with the auto correct. I did see in bbsandkm's thread where they talk about it, and your right he just posted a new ROM. I did not see anything in the developers thread about this issue either.

mikejones78 06-16-2009 09:29 AM

**UPDATED - the correct fix is in my post on the next page**

Quote:

Was having the same issue. The quick solution is to turn off auto correct.
Settings-> Personal-> Input-> Word Completion-> then uncheck 'Enable Auto Correct'. Problem solved.

Shoot2ill 06-16-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones78 (Post 977953)
Was having the same issue. The quick solution is to turn off auto correct.
Settings-> Personal-> Input-> Word Completion-> then uncheck 'Enable Auto Correct'. Problem solved.

That's odd. The opposite is true for me. I have to leave Auto Check enabled to avoid the problem.

mikejones78 06-16-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoot2ill (Post 978289)
That's odd. The opposite is true for me. I have to leave Auto Check enabled to avoid the problem.

FIXED! OK so yes it was not the 'Enable Auto Correct' option. It was actually the 'Suggest after entering' option that fixed the issue, so here goes:

Go to Settings-> Personal-> Input-> then select the Word Completion tab. Where it says 'Suggest after entering' change it from 'space' to 3 or 4 letters or what ever you want other than 'space'

Hope that helps. Sorry about before. Cheers!

jmartin72 06-17-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones78 (Post 978465)
FIXED! OK so yes it was not the 'Enable Auto Correct' option. It was actually the 'Suggest after entering' option that fixed the issue, so here goes:

Go to Settings-> Personal-> Input-> then select the Word Completion tab. Where it says 'Suggest after entering' change it from 'space' to 3 or 4 letters or what ever you want other than 'space'

Hope that helps. Sorry about before. Cheers!

That must be why I had not seen the issue. I ave mine set to 3 letters.

mikejones78 06-17-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmartin72 (Post 979963)
That must be why I had not seen the issue. I ave mine set to 3 letters.

Right. So I imagine that anyone who had not seen the issue have theirs set correctly. Word suggestion after a space make no sense if you think about it. That caused the auto correct and word suggestion to fight against each other.

This might have to something with the registry setting coming from the kitchen before the mix is made. Just my thoughts.

This is the BEST ROM YET! THANKS!

NIKOKAPS 06-17-2009 05:03 PM

very nice rom my mogul has never run so smooth. i decided to take a huge leap by unlocking the device and flashing it to this nice build.

one issue i had was when i was browsing through the settings particularly the button assignments portion the device jumped to my dialer and locked up the device. (twice this morning) im figuring that my old Wizard_reTOUCHed_Dialer2 is conflicting with this new build. What i wanted to do was Clear Storage in settings to start fresh and install a newer dialer.

But i cant seem to find the Clear Storage icon in the settings. Was this removed while cooking?

DavidinCT 06-17-2009 05:38 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5052

21815...Here we go again

jmartin72 06-18-2009 07:27 AM

Just wanted to let you all know ill be working on a 21815 build. If its just as stable or of course better than 21812 I will post.

jmartin72 06-18-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKOKAPS (Post 980977)
very nice rom my mogul has never run so smooth. i decided to take a huge leap by unlocking the device and flashing it to this nice build.

one issue i had was when i was browsing through the settings particularly the button assignments portion the device jumped to my dialer and locked up the device. (twice this morning) im figuring that my old Wizard_reTOUCHed_Dialer2 is conflicting with this new build. What i wanted to do was Clear Storage in settings to start fresh and install a newer dialer.

But i cant seem to find the Clear Storage icon in the settings. Was this removed while cooking?

I remember a clear storage icon in 6.1, but I dont think I've seen anything like that in 6.5

NIKOKAPS 06-18-2009 02:28 PM

is anyone else getting slow playback from media player and tcpmp? i finally got around to loading orb.com to stream some movies from my computer. now im getting very choopy playback on both stream and non stream videos. the youtube application ran like normal.

ramzyjin 06-18-2009 03:11 PM

"Sprint_21812_RUU_signed.nbh" only one file? i cant flash the rome to my device i think i miss something please helpe

Grizzly_Addams 06-18-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzyjin (Post 982882)
"Sprint_21812_RUU_signed.nbh" only one file? i cant flash the rome to my device i think i miss something please helpe

You need the Rom Update Utility which can be found along with full instructions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

darksabre_x 06-18-2009 05:49 PM

think you could post one for us cellular? thanks

mikejones78 06-18-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksabre_x (Post 983253)
think you could post one for us cellular? thanks

Download the Sprint or Verizon rom, install, and then download and run the appropriate cab file for your carrier. Wallah! Sweet phone...

US Cellular, Cricket, and Quest cab file can be found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=25

Alltel, Bell, Telus, Verizon, and Sprint can be found here although you don't need the Sprint for Verizon carrier cab files because you can just download the appropriate rom:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51384

jmartin72's cooks my favorite rom posted on PPCGeeks, its clean fast, but these carrier files allow you to use any TITAN based rom cooked by anyone for any carrier on your phone.

Cheers!

darksabre_x 06-19-2009 01:09 AM

thanks i wasn't sure if the carrier cabs worked for any rom. :headbang:

rlubrich87 06-20-2009 12:02 AM

Hey this is a really sweet rom and works great! But was wondering if there is any way to edit the today screen to add other apps and change the order? Also any way to get the gps on this or would one need to cook their own at this point? Again thanks so much!

DavidinCT 06-20-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlubrich87 (Post 985760)
Hey this is a really sweet rom and works great! But was wondering if there is any way to edit the today screen to add other apps and change the order? Also any way to get the gps on this or would one need to cook their own at this point? Again thanks so much!

There is a titaniam editor somewhere on this site that will give you that to edit the menus and add menus but, programs should add it if they are wm 6.5 programs like the Weather app.

What are you looking for in GPS ? If unlocked your phone with a GPS rom, you just need to install GPS software. I have Tomtom on mine (I installed), works great (besides taking about 3-5 min to get the 1st lock)

rlubrich87 06-20-2009 02:44 PM

Re: WM6.5 for Sprint Mogul Build 21815 *UPDATE*

Thanks for the response ill have to check it out but i use slingmobile so was looking to add that and havent wanted to use a weather app just yet and for the gps just the one that sprint always us to use i thought this had the current radio but ill double check and one thing i noticed now this might just be mine but my data connection seems to shut off by itself and i cant seem to reactive it without a soft reset cuz when i turn it off it grays out and i cant turn it back on ne body else having this problem?

Grizzly_Addams 06-21-2009 01:31 AM

Using your 28215 and yes it is very fast. But with your previous roms I used they seem to bog down after a few days and I don't install much, so we will see.

Edit: I've had upwards of 28mb free RAM, and I've even installed and uninstalled a few unnecessary cabs and not slowing down yet. Disabled spring provisioning, added my mms prog and htc task man, so far so good.

jmartin72 06-21-2009 08:18 AM

Those of you that are flashing 21815 and notice the grey dialog boxes and such, below is a link to how to fix it. I tried it, and it works. The DPI files for some reason had the grey in them. The new ones have been posted but I have not had a chance to cook again. I may later but probably not this week. Next week, we will probably have another build so who knows. Anyway Its Fathers Day and I'm going to spend some time with my kids and then tomorrow back to work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...550#post985550

eb50 06-21-2009 08:27 AM

installing now... thanks!

Edit: wow... leagues faster. keyboard is actually usable now

Robb Bates 06-21-2009 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=Grizzly_Addams;987533]I've had upwards of 28mb free RAM[QUOTE]

The best I can do is 19MB. Are you sure you're looking at the right number? Is there something special you've done?

Robb

tokuzumi 06-21-2009 11:15 AM

Are you able to install Google Maps, and Skyfire after installing 6.5? Also, is this using the new version of internet explorer?

eb50 06-21-2009 11:42 AM

[quote=Robb Bates;987897][quote=Grizzly_Addams;987533]I've had upwards of 28mb free RAM
Quote:

The best I can do is 19MB. Are you sure you're looking at the right number? Is there something special you've done?

Robb
do you have low or high mem on? (camera or no camera?) mine is 19 on low mem, and 25 on high mem!

Robb Bates 06-21-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly_Addams (Post 987533)
I've had upwards of 28mb free RAMdo you have low or high mem on? (camera or no camera?) mine is 19 on low mem, and 25 on high mem!

Camera on. If I go with high mem, does that mean I can't use the camera? And why does the camera make a difference? Is it more than just another application?

Robb

Grizzly_Addams 06-21-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmartin72 (Post 987788)
Those of you that are flashing 21815 and notice the grey dialog boxes and such, below is a link to how to fix it. I tried it, and it works. The DPI files for some reason had the grey in them. The new ones have been posted but I have not had a chance to cook again. I may later but probably not this week. Next week, we will probably have another build so who knows. Anyway Its Fathers Day and I'm going to spend some time with my kids and then tomorrow back to work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...550#post985550

Noticed it right away and thought it was kind of funky, but changing the theme fixed it for me. Well, when I changed it to HTC theme anyway. Didn't try the other ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb Bates (Post 987897)

Robb

Running in high mem of course and yes, lol, reading the right number. it was over 28mb once last night and then all soft resets + oxios gave me about 27.9

I left the phone on whiile I was sleeping (duh) and woke up to 22mb about but then soft reset/oxios again just now to check for this post and am currently 28308k free.

willexclusivo 06-21-2009 06:26 PM

i have a sprint mogul do i have to unlock it in order to flash it to one of these cooked ROMs? or which ROM can i use?

jmartin72 06-22-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willexclusivo (Post 988502)
i have a sprint mogul do i have to unlock it in order to flash it to one of these cooked ROMs? or which ROM can i use?

Yes, you need to unlock your phone.

popdog54 06-23-2009 06:57 AM

I've been running this for about a day now. Definitely the best 6.5 ROM I've used to date.

jmartin72 06-23-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 987926)
Are you able to install Google Maps, and Skyfire after installing 6.5? Also, is this using the new version of internet explorer?

Yes, I don't know about Skyfire, I don't use it, and yes.

jmartin72 06-23-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popdog54 (Post 991263)
I've been running this for about a day now. Definitely the best 6.5 ROM I've used to date.

TY, I think so too.