PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   nueSPL Relocker 2.07 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560)

puff 07-06-2008 12:25 AM

Re: Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshkeller77 (Post 337795)
That is my fear for Verizon users. We are talking about this on XDA right now. For those who have used nueSPL and have upgraded to DCD or no2chem, they are basically screwed and have no options but to take back the phone with a GPS rom on the phone right?

If you are going to return it, exchange or whatnot, for warranty reasons, then you can always take the chance downgrading your Radio, to return to stock. Of course you stand the chance of bricking your device, but you can always claim it failed during a firmware flash (the truth lol)

To my knowledge, this is the only 'return to factory' option if your carrier doesn't have stock GPS Rom.

Bad Sector 07-06-2008 11:09 PM

Re: nueSPL Relocker 2.07

PPC Noobs, I just called the store after fixing to relocked and said the NEW sprint rom keeps kicking me into bootloader after I updated it Tuesday :) That worked... after a fashion... but in the end, I got me a new mogul :)

puff 07-06-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Sector (Post 338553)
PPC Noobs, I just called the store after fixing to relocked and said the NEW sprint rom keeps kicking me into bootloader after I updated it Tuesday :) That worked... after a fashion... but in the end, I got me a new mogul :)

Good to hear, hope u have better luck with the replacement

rchittenden 07-15-2008 12:18 AM

I have verizon xv6800. Lot of forums to read through, just wanted to update loader then put gps on the phone. I put No2Chem's bootloader 2.47. When the screen goes blank or I hit the power button to blank the screen, It will not turn the screen back on when I hit the power button again. Now, I am confused with the posts above, there are references to unlocking and relocking the spl. Is there something I am missing? I have read alot of the posts. If this bootloader is not for my verizon, is there a way to remove it. I can't recieve calls once the screen turns off. I have to soft reset it each time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

huwah2 08-01-2008 04:21 AM

will I also have to re-flash the stock ROM to my titan after completing the re-lock, or will the already installed 3.56 Sprint official ROM still be present on my titan? basically, will it wipe out everything or will it keep the radio and OS the same while only changing back to the stock, locked, bootloader? just wondering how much time this might take since I am having the wonderful white spot develop along with a couple dead pixels and would like to exchange. any input is appreciated on this, thank you

flyers2114 08-01-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huwah2 (Post 367957)
will I also have to re-flash the stock ROM to my titan after completing the re-lock, or will the already installed 3.56 Sprint official ROM still be present on my titan? basically, will it wipe out everything or will it keep the radio and OS the same while only changing back to the stock, locked, bootloader? just wondering how much time this might take since I am having the wonderful white spot develop along with a couple dead pixels and would like to exchange. any input is appreciated on this, thank you

I believe you can do it before or after...myself I would flash back to stock and then re-lock....should be fine after that....

t0mmyr 08-08-2008 12:47 AM

thanks i need this my replacement is enroute and im gonna flash it stock. nueSPL 2.47 ROCKSSS@!

lafester 08-21-2008 09:40 PM

i finally tried relocking tonight... works great!

littlefreak 08-23-2008 01:26 AM

This isnt working.... I have oilpro 2.40... I followed the instructions but it doesnt seem to happen right.

I clicked the program it goes through the checks I hit continue phone resets showing me a bootloader that says 2.07.noChem. But then after that if I reboot or anything its back to bootloader 2.40... and boots up normaly with no changes.

lafester 08-23-2008 10:07 AM

do you have a stock rom on your phone?