PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

rynosims is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation RdZLyZs custom ROM problem

After upgrading to his new ROM, I am getting the password unlock screen almost every day. For no reason at all, my phone will just lock, and the Password Required to unlock screen will come up. As I do not have a password, this is quite annoying. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to disable the password screen completely? The "Prompt if devise unused for" box is unchecked in settings, and there is no password typed. So, I end up having to do a soft reset almost daily. Can anyone help? Maybe a Registry Tweak?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rdzlyz is a n00b
Re: RdZLyZs custom ROM problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosims View Post
After upgrading to his new ROM, I am getting the password unlock screen almost every day. For no reason at all, my phone will just lock, and the Password Required to unlock screen will come up. As I do not have a password, this is quite annoying. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to disable the password screen completely? The "Prompt if devise unused for" box is unchecked in settings, and there is no password typed. So, I end up having to do a soft reset almost daily. Can anyone help? Maybe a Registry Tweak?
try to hard reset u are the first one to come up with this problem.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rynosims is a n00b

I didn't want to do that and loose the stuff I installed, but I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rynosims is a n00b

Well, I did a hard reset last night, and plugged it in to my computer to charge. This morning when I woke up, the clock was stopped at about 2:30am. None of the keys would respond, and when I hit the power button to turn off the screen, then back on, the password screen was back up. So, had to soft reset to get out of password protect. Any ideas? The Today Timeout box is unchecked in the today settings.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rdzlyz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosims View Post
Well, I did a hard reset last night, and plugged it in to my computer to charge. This morning when I woke up, the clock was stopped at about 2:30am. None of the keys would respond, and when I hit the power button to turn off the screen, then back on, the password screen was back up. So, had to soft reset to get out of password protect. Any ideas? The Today Timeout box is unchecked in the today settings.
thats the problem with HTC HOMe i dont like it, it makes my phone lags and freeze like what you are saying rite now
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rynosims is a n00b

I had to soft reset twice today after the one this morning. Both times, the texting programs were in use. THe first was while I was texting back and forth with my wife. After a few texts, the phone locked up, no buttons responded, except the power. Power off, then on, and boom, the password to unlock screen. Tonight happened right after I sent a picture message out. The message sent dialogue came up, and the phone stopped responding. Weird. I might install Cody's palm app just to give it a try. ANy chance you'll make a ROM without the HTC Home in it?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

texdoctor is a n00b

i love the rom, but also had two lockups. While attached to computer, if you push the power button it goes to sleep and will not wake up.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

gmp1542 is a n00b

rynosims my friend and I both have the password problem. It only happens to me every once in awhile, while it happens to him multiple times a week. It's rather odd since we both put the rom on the same day.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rdzlyz is a n00b

if you guys are using HTC home and want it off just uncheck it on the item list on the today menu it disables it. i dont use HTC Home bcuz it duz cause lock ups and freezing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development