PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

umartd01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

Hi - This is the first time I've heard of nueRelocker.

My XV6800 USB port died and I need to mail it back to VZW. They are shipping me a new phone but I do not want to ship my current one back with the 2.4 bootloader and the phone unlocked. I was able to successfully downgrade (from sprint 3.35 radio / DCD WM6.1 rom) to the 1.30 stock radio and I put the original VZW rom back on. I did this with the SD card.

What else do I need to do before shipping it back? Where can I find this nueRelocker?

I'm sorry if this information is available in another thread - I have searched here and XDA and can't seem to find a conclusive answer since most programs require USB to be functioning.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
This relocker is outdated, no2chem made a new version which uses the SD card nueRelocker
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by umartd01 View Post

Where can I find this nueRelocker?

I'm sorry if this information is available in another thread - I have searched here and XDA and can't seem to find a conclusive answer since most programs require USB to be functioning.

Thanks!
The new relocker is for GPS ROMs only. However, since you are returning the device anyway, you don't have much to lose by flashing the relocker. I do not believe that the old pre-GPS relocker can be installed without a working USB port.

General - nueSPL Relocker 2.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
This ReLocker is for use with GPS ROMS only. DO NOT USE THIS RELOCKER WITH A NON GPS RADIO.

Hopefully, this reduces the number of devices returned to your carrier with hardSPL on it. I myself was given a refurbished device with "Olipro-2.40" on it. Please remember to relock your device BEFORE returning it to your carrier.

To use, you need to copy the relocker to your device and run it. It is intended to be run from the device, not the computer. Please see the included PDF instructions for complete details, and be sure to READ them before running the update.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by umartd01 View Post

My XV6800 USB port died and I need to mail it back to VZW. They are shipping me a new phone but I do not want to ship my current one back with the 2.4 bootloader and the phone unlocked. I was able to successfully downgrade (from sprint 3.35 radio / DCD WM6.1 rom) to the 1.30 stock radio and I put the original VZW rom back on. I did this with the SD card.

What else do I need to do before shipping it back? Where can I find this nueRelocker?

Thanks!
If you've already downgraded the Radio and ROM, i wouldn't worry too much about the bootloader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
I do not believe that the old pre-GPS relocker can be installed without a working USB port.
You could relock if you had a working USB port, but i've seen reports of people getting replacements w/ 2.40 olipro
Old 07-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The nueSPL Relocker can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560
Old 11-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: ACS

arcalaska is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
EDIT: This is no longer current after GPS came out, please see the nueSPL Relocker for the newer relocking option:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560

From the creator of the wm5 "upgrades" for the wm6 Titan comes a relocker to undo the Hard-SPL.

This is compatible with windows XP, please do not use on Vista at this time (unless you are sure you have modaco drivers installed)!

This program will flash a stock 1.06 bootloader to your device to remove the Hard-SPL. In general if you don't understand exactly what this is doing it probably is not for you. It does not give you any additional features, but it might make you feel more comfortable if you are getting warranty work done.

Run the exe and follow EVERY step of the instructions and you should be good to go. If you get stuck in bootloader with vista read the stuck in bootloader thread for links to different drivers. Other then that the standard disable USB in activesync will allow the included exit bootloader program to work.

Thanks go to Olipro for the help with the original Hard-SPL, I also used his modification to the Pof JumpSPL for the loader.
Thanks to Colonel and Luv2chill for testing and helping to clear up my poor instructions

and the link:

Titan_Relocker.exe is still on the FTP, but i removed this link because i want to make something abundantly clear first:
DO NOT USE THE RELOCKER FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO GPS ROMS, OR REVERTING BACK AFTER GPS UPDATE.
(see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082 in vogue forum for more info. Vogue has different version numbers, but same principles)

Notes:

Has run fine on Vista for myself and others, but it might be good to have an xp box too

USB must work for this to flash, if you are worried about USB issues you should run this before it becomes a problem.

Make sure you are comfortable with exit bootloader steps first (disabling USB activesync and making sure you have the right drivers if in vista)

Flashing a rom will also exit bootloader and can be done from the 3 color screen.

CPLD-9 is just part of the stock 1.06 bl (from sprint 2.16) do not be worried by that. Also RUUNBH in top right corner will go away next time you enter BL
so what do I do if I ran the old locker? is my phone bricked? I've tried so many different roms I'm going crosseyed! I'm locked in the bootloader TITA100 SPL-1.06.0000 CPLD-9 I'm at wits end.. my cumputer wont recognize the phone atttached to the usb port and I've been trying to use the SD card to no avail.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:02 AM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcalaska View Post
so what do I do if I ran the old locker? is my phone bricked? I've tried so many different roms I'm going crosseyed! I'm locked in the bootloader TITA100 SPL-1.06.0000 CPLD-9 I'm at wits end.. my cumputer wont recognize the phone atttached to the usb port and I've been trying to use the SD card to no avail.
you're not totally screwed yet!

try this:
plug your device into the computer (with usb cable)
reset device and see if it will boot into OS
if so, flash olipro 2.40 (and cross fingers)
Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 AM
the magic mod

Quote:
you need to get a compatible bootloader/radio/rom to fix your issue...
unless you can boot into 3.X OS successfully, u can only flash bootloader via RUU

you currently have 1.X SPL (non-GPS) which is only compatible with non-GPS Roms and 1.X Radios (oh yeah 2.X as well - i think)
SPL = bootloader - if this ^ doesn't make sense, look here
if your radio and rom are both 3.X your best bet is flash bootloader to Olipro 2.40
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Lurker

arcalaska is a n00b

no go Puff, when I reset it I get a quick flash to a grey screen and it says; NO IMAGE FILE! and back into the bootloader screen.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Lurker

arcalaska is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
you need to get a compatible bootloader/radio/rom to fix your issue...
unless you can boot into 3.X OS successfully, u can only flash bootloader via RUU

you currently have 1.X SPL (non-GPS) which is only compatible with non-GPS Roms and 1.X Radios (oh yeah 2.X as well - i think)
SPL = bootloader - if this ^ doesn't make sense, look here
if your radio and rom are both 3.X your best bet is flash bootloader to Olipro 2.40
Am I able to do this with the micro sd card? I've tried quite a few I must be doing something wrong, I've tried on two different computers one vista and one xp.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:36 AM
the magic mod

Quote:
no go Puff, when I reset it I get a quick flash to a grey screen and it says; NO IMAGE FILE! and back into the bootloader screen.
Quote:
Am I able to do this with the micro sd card? I've tried quite a few I must be doing something wrong, I've tried on two different computers one vista and one xp.
can you not boot in the OS? what does it show for radio when attempting to boot?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development