PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Bluetooth Audio Skipping Horribly or not Working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150493)

JohnnyOnTheSpot 06-30-2012 11:44 PM

Bluetooth Audio Skipping Horribly or not Working

I have a really weird problem I can't figure out. I used my Epic to stream audio to my car via bluetooth (I use Poweramp), and it worked flawlessly. My old Epic crapped out and Sprint replaced it. I used Clockwork to redo everything. I'm running EC05 with the Voodoo Kernel, stock otherwise (rooted obviously).

I tried today to use my phone for the first time with my car, and it was skipping horribly then disconnecting and pausing playback. It would play fine through the phone itself, and also through headphones, I should add. I came home and tested it with another bluetooth receiver and now it's not coming through at all, although phone calls work fine.

I've also tried other programs and I'm finding the same result (stock and Rockplayer). Any idea what's going on here?

Edit - just tested it with my laptop, skips horribly. I have no idea what's going on here but I'd like to solve it.

gTen 07-01-2012 03:10 AM

Re: Bluetooth Audio Skipping Horribly or not Working

Are you using same rom/radio as you did on your previous Epic?

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-01-2012 10:27 AM

Rom, yes. Radio I'm not sure of...which is that? I'm going to list what's in my about phone just in case.

Firmware - 2.2.1
Baseband - S.D700.0.55.EB13
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Build - Froyo.EC05
Hardware - D700.0.5

I'd be lying if I said I remember all of these from my last phone...

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-01-2012 10:49 AM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...ate-2-2-a.html

This thread contains all of the changes I made to my phone regarding firmware, OS, any of that stuff. I saw no mention of radio specifically, but I'm not sure what that includes regardless. And no surprise, you helped me the most in it lol.

Looking at those numbers, the only concerning thing to me is the EB13 Baseband with the EC05 build.

I also think the way I went about the update the first time was I Odined to stock, D18, OTA updated to EC05, then redid everything. With this phone I Odined to stock D18 but didn't OTA, I simply redid it through my Clockwork Mod backup. Could that be the problem? Literally the only problem I'm facing is with bluetooth right now.

Also, to see if the device itself is just faulty in the bluetooth realm, I plan on blowing it up and returning it to stock (still rooted) and see if it persists.

gTen 07-01-2012 04:46 PM

I have another theory before doing anything, can you pair it with your pc then check the mac address?

Is it?

43:29:b0:00:00:00

If it is the above mac address then I can guess what the issue is. If it is not the above I suggest odin and start from scratch and see if it works on a fresh slate.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-01-2012 05:14 PM

I paired it with bluetooth, then I ran ipconfig /all but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Nothing came up with that string, though.

Now it won't stay paired to the computer. It won't stay paired to anything very long.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-01-2012 05:45 PM

Well, it's the phone. Odined to stock and having the same problem. Also can confirm it's not my SD card since it's doing it with Youtube, as well. I'll be hitting the Sprint store, soon.

gTen 07-01-2012 07:09 PM

Ok, but first check the mac address. If you open up the "Show Bluetooth Devices", right click on the device and go to Properties then Bluetooth and it should be there under "Unique Identifier". (I am assuming your using Windows Vista/7, might be in a different place for XP)

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-01-2012 07:14 PM

Unique Identifier: *******

gTen 07-01-2012 07:43 PM

oh ok, so its not generic...yeah then you should return the phone for a exchange.