PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Random freeze help please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146531)

Jjames 08-18-2011 04:38 PM

Random freeze help please

So the first samsung epic I had got bricked doing a fresh install of a new theme from a bad site i guess and it got traded in for a refurbished one. The refurbished one freezes all the time and i have to pull out the battery. its random and when it happens the display goes to sleep but the 4 buttons at the bottom stay lit up. any ideas on how to fix it? it would be appreciated.

gTen 08-18-2011 05:11 PM

Re: Random freeze help please

is your phone rom/kernel set to 100mhz step or underclocked?

Jjames 08-18-2011 05:14 PM

its not rooted or anything like that. i didnt want to bother because I have had to factory restore so many times. so its stock for everything.

gTen 08-18-2011 05:56 PM

Try a complete odin to stock..with re-partitioning and everything..if that fails then it may be a hardware error :/

Jjames 08-22-2011 10:55 PM

my phone got softbricked somewhere along the lines of trying to restore it and it boots up to a screen with a picture of (phone.....!.....computer) so ive been trying to revert my epic back to stock using odin. I have tried a million different versions of it too. v1.0, v1.61, v1.7, v1.82. all of them come across an error at some point. the most recent error has been it getting stuck here

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> param.lfs
<ID:0/005> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/005> boot.bin
<ID:0/005> recovery.bin
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I dont know what else to do :(
I have even tried using a bunch of different .md5 files and .tar files too. PLEASE help me

gTen 08-22-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jjames (Post 2139970)
my phone got softbricked somewhere along the lines of trying to restore it and it boots up to a screen with a picture of (phone.....!.....computer) so ive been trying to revert my epic back to stock using odin. I have tried a million different versions of it too. v1.0, v1.61, v1.7, v1.82. all of them come across an error at some point. the most recent error has been it getting stuck here

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> param.lfs
<ID:0/005> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/005> boot.bin
<ID:0/005> recovery.bin
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I dont know what else to do :(
I have even tried using a bunch of different .md5 files and .tar files too. PLEASE help me

Dont worry its nothing serious.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...uter-icon.html

Jjames 08-22-2011 11:56 PM

so i got out of the phone....!.....pc screen. now it gets stuck at the samsung loading screen with the :: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile :: at the bottom. I can get to download mode and i can run odin but it stops and gives me the error that i said before. what can i do? I have reset odin, reinstalled, tried different ports, different versions and even different cables.

gTen 08-23-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jjames (Post 2139979)
so i got out of the phone....!.....pc screen. now it gets stuck at the samsung loading screen with the :: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile :: at the bottom. I can get to download mode and i can run odin but it stops and gives me the error that i said before. what can i do? I have reset odin, reinstalled, tried different ports, different versions and even different cables.

can you get into clockworkmod and flash new kernel? also have you tried a complete wipe with odin? (aka using a pit file and checking the other options in odin)

also you can try to wipe the kies way via eb13 tool

Jjames 08-25-2011 11:55 PM

I cant do anything except put the phone into download mode. all i have in odin is the .md5 file for the PDA section and it fails at the recovery.bin part. I cant get it to get past that no matter what I do. and by the way what do you mean using a pit file and checking the other options in odin? and please explain the kies eb13 tool thing. im not so into phones and stuff. im a quick learner though :)

gTen 08-26-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jjames (Post 2140708)
I cant do anything except put the phone into download mode. all i have in odin is the .md5 file for the PDA section and it fails at the recovery.bin part. I cant get it to get past that no matter what I do. and by the way what do you mean using a pit file and checking the other options in odin? and please explain the kies eb13 tool thing. im not so into phones and stuff. im a quick learner though :)

EB13 tool will take you to EB13 from there you can update.zip to EC05 or odin..

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

For the PIT file..it usually is included with odin. And other options, notice there are multiple checkboxes there? Those are the other options..