PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145893)

jamice4u 07-21-2011 09:40 AM

Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Don't see this here yet so just gonna let everyone here know that tegrak overclock has been updated and supports our epics. Maybe we can also set up a thread to discuss internal voltages and such that our gingerbread epics like. It also appears we can only go up to 1.3ghz.

I reccomend buying tegrak ultimate to support this awesome developer

The free version of tegrak can be used but does not apply after reboot.

You can find this program on the android market!!!:headbang:

djgallis 07-21-2011 12:30 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
sounds great :)

darren.wlsn1 07-21-2011 05:06 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamice4u (Post 2130433)
Don't see this here yet so just gonna let everyone here know that tegrak overclock has been updated and supports our epics. Maybe we can also set up a thread to discuss internal voltages and such that our gingerbread epics like. It also appears we can only go up to 1.3ghz.

I reccomend buying tegrak ultimate to support this awesome developer

The free version of tegrak can be used but does not apply after reboot.

You can find this program on the android market!!!:headbang:

ya we have been using it at ACS for "bamboozled" gb rom and i got my epic flying, 3800+ quad score. marcus roms are posted here with more info.

jdelano 07-21-2011 08:12 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2130613)
ya we have been using it at ACS for "bamboozled" gb rom and i got my epic flying, 3800+ quad score. marcus roms are posted here with more info.

Good god man!! Any heat issues?? or does your voice sound like alvin from the chipmonks because your phone is so fast ???!???

darren.wlsn1 07-22-2011 10:59 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdelano (Post 2130683)
Good god man!! Any heat issues?? or does your voice sound like alvin from the chipmonks because your phone is so fast ???!???

lol, 1300 is slower than my other epic im using (1400) but it has uv running so its a little slower at times but no heat issues unless im tethered (wifi) and charging but the gb rom is very very fast.

po8pimp 07-31-2011 10:27 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2131062)
lol, 1300 is slower than my other epic im using (1400) but it has uv running so its a little slower at times but no heat issues unless im tethered (wifi) and charging but the gb rom is very very fast.

I am also on the Bamboozled rom with the stock EF02 modem. I purchased Tegrak Overclock Ultimate. Once you load the overclock module, you set your CPU max freq to 1.3. back out and select Optimization. from there you can tweak your phone up to 1.5 ghz. not stable at 1.5 though. I have had it stable with everything working, with the exception of Speedtest.net app, at 1.488 ghz. Make sure you select ondemand. I had a benchmark using Quadrant standard of 3799. I am keeping it at 1.4 ghz for battery life. still really good IMO. stock gave me a 2200 bench.

masetas 07-31-2011 10:46 PM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
So no one using setcpu anymore?
Can that app be used on 2.2?

gTen 08-01-2011 12:25 AM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2134076)
So no one using setcpu anymore?
Can that app be used on 2.2?

no one really ever used it..it had issues with the Epic since day 1 :/

darren.wlsn1 08-01-2011 01:09 AM

Re: Samsung Epic Gingerbread 2.3.3 Overclocked!!!!
 
also helps a app that helps me control my cpu cause i undervolt/overclock is "cpu spy".

JohnCorleone 08-01-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2134121)
also helps a app that helps me control my cpu cause i undervolt/overclock is "cpu spy".

CPU Spy is great! I use "Swipe Pad" and have CPU Spy as one of my shortcuts on there. Its good to see what stages your phone is running at and for how long

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0