PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry! Google Services Framework message -- what does it mean?

A couple of days ago I started getting the following message as a pop-on across the screen at random intervals:

Sorry!
The application Google Services Framework (process.com.google.process.gapps)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
<Force close> button.

It doesn't seem to be an error message. It's not linked to any specific app or process. And it doesn't DO anything to whatever app I am in. Hitting the force close button sends the message away. The apps keep running where they left off with no problems. It's annoying but not a functionality issue.

Does anyone know what the message means? And why I keep getting it?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SPH-D700
Carrier: SPRINT

eigerzoom is just getting started
Re: Sorry! Google Services Framework message -- what does it mean?

i got it when i used the reboot to recovery button in widgetsoid app on EXT4 & clockwork 3
except i continuously received FC's like a waterfall and the phone was useless
converted back to RFS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

what rom/kernel are you using?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Thanks for responding gten.
I'm running the stock EC05. Not rooted.
I can't make the message show up but it seems to happen most often when I'm in the google calendar and the Amazon app market apps.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerzoom View Post
i got it when i used the reboot to recovery button in widgetsoid app on EXT4 & clockwork 3
except i continuously received FC's like a waterfall and the phone was useless
converted back to RFS
Thanks eigerzoom. I wasn't doing any reboot/recovery though and I don't have widgetsoid. Also the phone isn't useless. It just an occasional-to-frequent momentary annoyance. And everything continues to work normally. Except for that. Wonder what the causal similarities are since it's the same message...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Try disable auto-syncing and see if you still get it.

What calendars are you using? just your gmail one or some other?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you can also wipe data in "running programs" and that should fix it.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks guys. I'll try both your sugestions and see what happens.
gten, I'm using my gmail calendar now. I was also running Business Calendar because it was a freebie Amazon app program. I deleted it when the message started showing up and it began to show up less often. Didn't like it anyway. Sometimes free isn't great.
Darren, thanks as always.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Just to wrap this up (kinda)...
The Sorry message disappeared when I turned off Autosync and wiped the data in running programs.
Then, later, I noticed that Gmail, Contacts, and Calendar weren't synching anymore. So I synched them manually. The message came back when I was synching Calendar. The synch worked however. At least now I know what it is from anyway.
No clue as to how to get rid of it. Since functionality isn't a problem, I don't think it's worth a hard reset.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Cricket

jaronow is just getting started
You have data corruption or permission issues somewhere in your system. If your completely stock you'll have to do a factory wipe.

If your rooted boot into cw and try clearing the dalvik cache and fixing permissions. If that doesn't work you'll have to do a factory wipe

Sent From My Epic Bonsai Tree

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G