PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   I almost bricked. Lol. Recommend? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137783)

sp4rtan5 12-01-2010 04:57 PM

I almost bricked. Lol. Recommend?

Ok, I went to the wiki and got the files to return to stock unrooted. Everything went well but..... Now on stock unrooted the epic wont switch to landscape at all. That one reason I odin the phone since using cwm and reverting to it woth cwm, it wouldnt switch to lanscape on any thing. I figured using odin would have solved it but now that im back to unrooted, it still wont switch to landscape. On the beta leaks it does thou. Must be some code? Suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

gTen 12-01-2010 05:30 PM

Re: I almost bricked. Lol. Recommend?

You mean it wont go landscape when you flip the phone or at all? ike when you open up the KB does it go landscape?

sp4rtan5 12-01-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2005488)
You mean it wont go landscape when you flip the phone or at all? ike when you open up the KB does it go landscape?

Ya. Opening kb does make it go into landscape. But if I leave the kb in and flip the phone, it doesn't switch to landscape. In the setting it is checked off to do it. I odin flashed 3 times. Didn't work. I rooted agaon and threw in a custome kernel that overclocks to 1.3, and still dont work. Only thing that does work is if I throw in the beta leaks. Then it switches fine. But unrooting it with odin and bringing it back to stock kills it.

dumpringz 12-01-2010 06:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

on the home screen ? or every app ?

austin420 12-01-2010 06:26 PM

Re: I almost bricked. Lol. Recommend?

it only auto rotates to landscape in some apps or when you slide the keyboard out on 2.1. it does not do it on the homescreens. seems only the gallery, the browser, the messages screen and such but not the home screen. it bugged me at first but i got used to it, but as you know im on 2.2 now myself.

sp4rtan5 12-01-2010 07:08 PM

Lolol. Ur all killing me! Lolol. It does NOT rotate at all on anything. Nothing. If I slide the key board it does. Like the web, it dont rotate at all, but will if I slide the kb. The 3d gallery, dont rotate at all. Music player.. Dont rotate at all. Viewing a picture. Dont rotate at all. Nothing. If I flash back to the leaks, it works fine like eclair 2.1 stock. I tried 3 different odins, redownloaded the file.reflash. Still dont rotate. My god! Lolililololololol.

sp4rtan5 12-01-2010 07:10 PM

Oh... If I try to reflash just the kernel with all the idins in the world, it fails. Lol. Wtf! Lol

dumpringz 12-01-2010 07:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

o damn u did say it won't rotate at all lol ..

youngblack 12-01-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2005540)
Lolol. Ur all killing me! Lolol. It does NOT rotate at all on anything. Nothing. If I slide the key board it does. Like the web, it dont rotate at all, but will if I slide the kb. The 3d gallery, dont rotate at all. Music player.. Dont rotate at all. Viewing a picture. Dont rotate at all. Nothing. If I flash back to the leaks, it works fine like eclair 2.1 stock. I tried 3 different odins, redownloaded the file.reflash. Still dont rotate. My god! Lolililololololol.

Dude that if a hardware issue...the accelerometer is dead. I had to replace my device for that cuz out happen to me. It's got nothing to do with the roms. Now the question is... Do you have insurance?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.

sp4rtan5 12-01-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblack (Post 2005550)
Dude that if a hardware issue...the accelerometer is dead. I had to replace my device for that cuz out happen to me. It's got nothing to do with the roms. Now the question is... Do you have insurance?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.

No its not. Im back on froyo dk17 and it rotates just fine. I even went to the *#0*# to make sure its working. And yes... Theres accurate measurements on all axis. Kinda odd.