PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 BML Officially supported by ROM Manager for Epic 4G

by DRockstar

OK guys, you have NO idea what it has taken to get to this point...

Welcome to the first officially supported ClockworkMod for the Epic 4G since cwm 2.5.1.0, I think it's been over a year now...

Changes since 3.1.0.1:

* Backups are tar files by default, with the filesystem type noted in the filename. Backups automatically reformat to the backup filesystem before restore. This will work to restore rfs and ext4 setups. So, for example, if you're currently on rfs, but your backup was done while on the ext4 filesystem, the restore will reformat back to ext4 before restoring. Older backups done by cwm 3.x and ACS Recovery can be restored by this ClockworkMod version, and will not reformat before restoring older backups.

* This cwm is not meant for mtd partition layout / yaffs2 filesystem, that is another matter entirely, and mtd will require it's own cwm build and kernel, that will most likely be in the official CM repo when it's done.

* One "No" in confirmations, for all but factory wipe: Make a blank file called .one_confirm (that is a period in the beginning of the name), and place it in /sdcard/clockworkmod directory. This works right now with 3 finger boot from power off, but will be added to the next Clockwork Recovery update in ROM Manager. When that happens, then it will also work from the option Reboot into Recovery, when called from ROM Manager. This is now official, so that in the future, anyone with ClockworkMod 5.0.27+ will be able to benefit from this. Thanks to chris41g for this edit and push to the official source.

* Keycodes were fixed to work with the gingerbread kernel... and menu was fixed up a bit.
up = vol up, keypad up, keypad left
down = vol down, keypad down, keypad right
back = back cap key, power button, keypad backspace key
select = home cap key, keypad enter key, camera button
toggle display = keypad d key
reboot = power button 5 times, no matter where you are in the cwm menu

NOTE ON KEYS:

If your current kernel is a froyo kernel, then the cap keys will be reversed... We will have some growing pains, until everyone is on board with gingerbread, and the kernel devs start implementing the kernel mod described below, to change the mode of reboot recovery to go to bml8 recovery partition. If you are running gingerbread, then you can flash this prerelease: Clean_Kernel-2011-11-20-15.51.32.zip
This isn't exactly finished yet, but it's stable, and has voodoo sound, root, busybox, etc.

DO NOT REPARTITION YOUR SDCARD WITH CLOCKWORKMOD.
There are problems associated with this that I will detail later.

* I highly recommend flashing both the new recovery kernel and the ROM Manager update... pretty soon, ROM Manager will be able to flash our favorite ROMs, by downloading and flashing from ROM Manager.

FOR USERS OF ACS RECOVERY:
At this time, I recommend flashing the new cwm over ACS Recovery. Testing has shown that backups done when the ROM Manager fakeflash is called through ACS Recovery, is that the backups won't be in the proper format... they will probably work, but not in the way the CWM 5 intends it too, with fs saved tar backups.
I know that some of you are avid fans of ACS Recovery, and I have nothing against that. In fact, it should be pretty easy for chris41g to make a new version if he so desires... and, he did contribute to the official source, which is something I truly appreciate In fact, I have been working with koush, to get some other of the most requested features, into the official cwm sources, so they can benefit everyone in android. One of the first new features to be put into the next cwm update in ROM Manager, is the ability to have only one "No" in the confirmations, if the file /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm is present. chris41g authored this for the cwm sources. Also, we have been given the go ahead to implement the inclusion of reboot into download mode from the main cwm menu in the official sources as well

WHAT TO DO VIDEOS

CWM 5.0.2.7 RECOVERY OFFICIAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLWzeJ1lT4

ROM MANGER OVERVIEW/HOWTO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KTZj3LOsxc

Last edited by djgallis; 11-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 BML Officially supported by ROM Manager for Epic

This version of CWM is faster and better in every way, compared with ACS recovery which I used to like a lot. And Rom Manager is everything I was hoping ACS Updater would be when I bought the premium version.

Following the instructions, I flashed CWM5.0.2.7, got Rom Manager from Market. When I started it up, it reinstalled CM5 and automatically set everything up for Epic 4G. It's a super product. And by registering, I got Premium features (including access to all the "premium" roms) for free. Epic life is going to be easier than ever from now on.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 BML Officially supported by ROM Manager for Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
This version of CWM is faster and better in every way, compared with ACS recovery which I used to like a lot. And Rom Manager is everything I was hoping ACS Updater would be when I bought the premium version.

Following the instructions, I flashed CWM5.0.2.7, got Rom Manager from Market. When I started it up, it reinstalled CM5 and automatically set everything up for Epic 4G. It's a super product. And by registering, I got Premium features (including access to all the "premium" roms) for free. Epic life is going to be easier than ever from now on.

yes def the truth ..... i loved the acs recovery my self i wasnt gonna update till QBKING77 vid said its recommended .. so i did & it does it job well ... .........
Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
yes def the truth ..... i loved the acs recovery my self i wasnt gonna update till QBKING77 vid said its recommended .. so i did & it does it job well ... .........
its because development moved to new touch 4g for ACS recovery.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development