PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM] Baked Snack 1.6 "Undisputed" "A2SD,Fastest,Best Battery,Lots o (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135289)

youngpro83 10-12-2010 06:39 PM

Re: **Baked Snack 1.3 Hero_Over Rom**1.3 ghz overclock %100 Working!! FAAST..

I flashed this ROM and some parts I liked and some others I didnt. If there was an option to go back to some stock stuff, now that would be nice. Like the stock icons in the applications. I like the clean stock look myself. The ROM is indeed fast, but just a little too much skinning for me. Good work tho.:salute:

dja2k 10-12-2010 10:41 PM

Installed this ROM yesterday and I am loving it. This was actually my first custom ROM since I got my phone a week ago. Took a while to learn the curves of Android & Flashing since I was coming from a TP2 WM Phone. Only Sprint app I miss is SprintTV. Great work on this ROM and yes the battery and overclocking is amazing.

dja2k

nosmohtac 10-13-2010 02:45 AM

This ROM is great. The only thing I've noticed so far, and it's kind of irritating is, I don't have the letter scroll bar on the right side in contacts, that makes scrolling through contacts so much faster.
Is it just missing on mine and I need to reflash, or is this missing on anyone elses?

My mistake..... the alphabet bar on the right is present in the contacts app, it just didn't show up when trying to add a contact from an sms I received.

dja2k 10-13-2010 05:41 AM

Hey is anyone using TwLauncher and seeing random "the application TwLanucher has stopped unexpectedly" messages? It does restart itself which is a good thing.

dja2k

Hypnotic2010 10-13-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngpro83 (Post 1972216)
I flashed this ROM and some parts I liked and some others I didnt. If there was an option to go back to some stock stuff, now that would be nice. Like the stock icons in the applications. I like the clean stock look myself. The ROM is indeed fast, but just a little too much skinning for me. Good work tho.:salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2k (Post 1972440)
Installed this ROM yesterday and I am loving it. This was actually my first custom ROM since I got my phone a week ago. Took a while to learn the curves of Android & Flashing since I was coming from a TP2 WM Phone. Only Sprint app I miss is SprintTV. Great work on this ROM and yes the battery and overclocking is amazing.

dja2k

Guys, I have all the stock Sprint apps like Sprint tv, navigation, etc.
You can download them from my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7523892/Apps.zip
Enjoy!

sndtubes 10-13-2010 10:18 AM

Ok, I've installed this twice now. Both times were from "bone stock". Did the multiple wipes, etc. It seems to work just fine EXCEPT that when I try to do anything at all within adb shell or term, I get, "permission denied". At first I thought there was something wrong, but apparently he's locked us out. No biggie, I guess.

The file I downloaded says it's v 1.3 but in the "about" list in the phone it says 1.2 Typo maybe?? Anyway, so far, so good otherwise. All of the rooted apps work except Titanium which I've never had much luck with. I'm not crazy about the transparent screens, etc. but also not a biggie. It seems to work up to 1.3 GHz for me so far.....

siptang1227 10-13-2010 03:56 PM

For some reason, all of the OCed kernels makes my epic freeze only fixable by pulling out the battery... anyone else have this issue?

Formula84 10-13-2010 03:59 PM

Looking into getting an Epic moving from My TP2 since WP7 wont be for sprint for a while I am getting itchy to switch to android. I like the Samsung over the Evo for the Screen.

I heard that with the stock rom they removed the ability to video out to RCA through the 3.5mm jack that is available in other galaxy s phones... Can this be correct via a custom rom like this? Can anyone test or confirm the Video out through 3.5MM like TP2?

siptang1227 10-13-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula84 (Post 1972849)
Looking into getting an Epic moving from My TP2 since WP7 wont be for sprint for a while I am getting itchy to switch to android. I like the Samsung over the Evo for the Screen.

I heard that with the stock rom they removed the ability to video out to RCA through the 3.5mm jack that is available in other galaxy s phones... Can this be correct via a custom rom like this? Can anyone test or confirm the Video out through 3.5MM like TP2?

To answer your question, not as of yet but samsung did promise us that and devs are sure to be working on those as we speak.

also I like epic or evo due to sheer processing power as well as graphics + the Super Amoled which is just EPIC!

Major_Nate 10-14-2010 02:31 PM

Just flashed this morning, and it runs sooo much better than stock. No bugs as of yet, except right after initial boot when the auto-backlight was flashing intermittently. But this issue hasn't come back since then, so its still freakin schweet!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk