PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   [UPDATED]Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141532)

RidleyJ329 03-06-2011 05:19 PM

[UPDATED]Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA?

Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA? -- Engadget#

HTC EVO 3D, EVO View 4G specs revealed ahead of Sprint's CTIA announce? -- Engadget#

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 05:22 PM

Damn u just beat me to posting this lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

Dr.8820 03-06-2011 05:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Umm, no wp7 phones...

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065024)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Umm, no wp7 phones...

We won't see another WP7 offering from Sprint til maybe next year lol, & I'm not impressed with these so called forthcoming phones either

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

RidleyJ329 03-06-2011 06:07 PM

Re: Sprint announcing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 2065022)
Damn u just beat me to posting this lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

lol. im really looking forward the EVO 3D... i hope it has some kinda dual core. i would almost think it would have to.... tegra 2 3D maybe??

Clipp 03-06-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidleyJ329 (Post 2065036)
lol. im really looking forward the EVO 3D... i hope it has some kinda dual core. i would almost think it would have to.... tegra 2 3D maybe??

I'd be really surprised if HTC went dual-core... and unfortunately, no, it doesn't need it. The Sharp Galapagos glasses-free 3D Android has a 1GHz Snapdragon. Did you see HTC's smartphone lineup at Mobile World Congress last month? I have a feeling it will just have dual-cameras for 3D video, and no glasses-free 3d tech. That being said, i would be happy if it's anything like the Optimus 3D. I don't care if the world is ready for 3D... i am! heh.

And if the "Nexus S 4G" is simply a Nexus S with 4G then that would suck considering we know Samsung has better in their arsenal already (Galaxy S II).

Come on, Sprint, don't disappoint.

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipp (Post 2065055)
I'd be really surprised if HTC went dual-core... and unfortunately, no, it doesn't need it. The Sharp Galapagos glasses-free 3D Android has a 1GHz Snapdragon. Did you see HTC's smartphone lineup at Mobile World Congress last month? I have a feeling it will just have dual-cameras for 3D video, and no glasses-free 3d tech. That being said, i would be happy if it's anything like the Optimus 3D. I don't care if the world is ready for 3D... i am! heh.

And if the "Nexus S 4G" is simply a Nexus S with 4G then that would suck considering we know Samsung has better in their arsenal already (Galaxy S II).

Come on, Sprint, don't disappoint.

+1 on the Nexus S 4G, basically my Epic with upcoming CM7 & assuming that someone would get 4G working with CM is basically your Nexus S 4G right there lol, now if Sammy throws one of them new dual cores that they seem to be saving for the Galaxy S2 into the Nexus S 4G, hehe! I'm still keepin my Epic for another year though.

Epic 4G on Tapatalk

gTen 03-06-2011 08:23 PM

The Nexus S 4G is good for sprint..but I think its a little to late :/..I mean that should have been instead of the Echo announcement!

The HTC Flyer is a yawn..

Can't say anything about Evo 3d till specs are out :/..but where is the Epic 2?!?! ;) lol.

But for me personally I might end up skipping dual cores this year..I mean the OS doesn't support dual cores till honeycomb...so the benefits right now of a dual core are not optimum..sure developers can port it and etc..but I hear Quad cores are going to be out by end of the year..which probably is the time Google will release the multi core support on phones and maybe next iteration of Nexus series...plus by that time is when apps start being optimized for multi-core use..

piscesjoey 03-06-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2065096)
The Nexus S 4G is good for sprint..but I think its a little to late :/..I mean that should have been instead of the Echo announcement!

The HTC Flyer is a yawn..

Can't say anything about Evo 3d till specs are out :/..but where is the Epic 2?!?! ;) lol.

But for me personally I might end up skipping dual cores this year..I mean the OS doesn't support dual cores till honeycomb...so the benefits right now of a dual core are not optimum..sure developers can port it and etc..but I hear Quad cores are going to be out by end of the year..which probably is the time Google will release the multi core support on phones and maybe next iteration of Nexus series...plus by that time is when apps start being optimized for multi-core use..

Quadcore? Beejeezy, these days phones get outdated the minute they are announced LOL

gTen 03-06-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 2065101)
Quadcore? Beejeezy, these days phones get outdated the minute they are announced LOL

yup..but thats how it should be..it should be like computers...where we get hardware as it comes out..not 2 years later...all we need now is for carriers to open up their networks and ability to build our own phones ;)

Nvidia is promising the Tegra 3 aka Kal-El...which is a quad-core and according to Nvidia is even more powerful then a core 2 duo :/ (but nvidia has been famous for inflating benchmarks so we will see..)

NVIDIA's Project Kal-El: Quad-Core A9s Coming to Smartphones/Tablets This Year - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Dr.8820 03-06-2011 09:55 PM

gten, don't tell me you like the nexus better than YOUR mighty epic :D!

gTen 03-06-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065135)
gten, don't tell me you like the nexus better than YOUR mighty epic :D!

The Nexus S has the NFC and better screen but overall nah..for me the KB is invaluable...aka its a MUST..:/..no matter how good touch screen or how big the screen I NEED a KB..don't get me wrong..I use the touch screen probably more then the KB..but there are situations where I gotta log into Remote servers and Databases and KB is a must for that...

Also I dont like that they removed the SD card slot..while its true that I usually keep it inside..I its very useful for quickly loading up roms/apps on my friends phones.

As I said I'm keeping Epic until at least a Quad core..

Dr.8820 03-06-2011 10:29 PM

if i ever, ever ever (ever, ever) forever ever buy another sammy, it'll be the nexus because it can handle updates! sammy doesn't do updates well!

gTen 03-07-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065155)
if i ever, ever ever (ever, ever) forever ever buy another sammy, it'll be the nexus because it can handle updates! sammy doesn't do updates well!

And ya said WP7 would solve those problems ;) lol...

But we will see..they might get better...

I mean in all honesty..we never expected updates from HTC either...we all know true support comes from the devs ;)

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 01:59 AM

i don't like sammy or android....i would never buy it!

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2065197)
I mean in all honesty..we never expected updates from HTC either...we all know true support comes from the devs ;)

i smell envy...i hate htc, but they update! sammy doesn't...they have the galaxy x now for the fandroids.

gTen 03-07-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065236)
i smell envy...i hate htc, but they update! sammy doesn't...they have the galaxy x now for the fandroids.

No..they dont..HTC Hero never got updates...and all our winmo devices rarely got updates...The biggest reason why samsung got a bad rep for updates was the behold thing where they promised 2.0 but ended up updating to 1.6 from 1.5 instead..

That said the original i9000 was updated fairly early and there are already leaked gingerbread roms for the i9000..

I'm not saying Samsung is better at updating then HTC...all I'm saying is don't make HTC look better then they really are...I mean I remember back in the days how we all were saying HTC never does anything right and how they never update and we gotta rely on the devs..recently I don't see why HTC has been glorified for more then they really are :/

I mean HTC even stated they put gingerbread on their tablet and not honeycomb just because sense ui isn't ready for honeycomb..aka HTC dont want to update unless they can stick their UI on it >.>..where as all the other manufacturers give stock experience phones!

To set record straight..Epic is on 2.2.1 officially..Evo and all the other HTC phones are on 2.2..so who doesn't update? ;)

Lastly..all the hardware is suppose to be pre-approved by M$ so that things like that on WP7 doesn't happen...so in this case you can only blame M$ for approving it...

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 06:12 AM

I...what..who...when...

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 06:14 AM

Come on man, all I said was no wp7 phones....now Google 10 is back.

yankees45us 03-07-2011 09:50 AM

It's too bad they changed the premier status rules. I would have been able to upgrade in june this year, now I have to wait till next june.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

gTen 03-07-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065278)

I...what..who...when...

you forgot "where" >.> lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065279)

Come on man, all I said was no wp7 phones....now Google 10 is back.

umm..I'm quite sure you said a bit more then that lol..realistically speaking...right now is a game of 4g and dual cores...WP7 at least at the moment can't deliver any of those..so there really is no reason for sprint to release another WP7 phone...at least from a marketing perspective...

and whats google 10?

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 12:31 PM

Let's not go there about "4g".... We both know tmo is faster than sprint ( I have both ).

gTen 03-07-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065343)
Let's not go there about "4g".... We both know tmo is faster than sprint ( I have both ).

umm..we are talking about sprint here right? That said..does WP7 even offer a device with HSPA+?

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 01:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Windows Phone 6.5))

wp7 doesn't have a "4g" device....but no one else has one either! you folks fell for good marketing. it's not what your phones says it can do, it's all about location :). googleten is my name for you when we have a discussion and you lean on google or defend google. it is with respect, however :).

gTen 03-07-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2065371)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Windows Phone 6.5))

wp7 doesn't have a "4g" device....but no one else has one either! you folks fell for good marketing. it's not what your phones says it can do, it's all about location :). googleten is my name for you when we have a discussion and you lean on google or defend google. it is with respect, however :).

Well yeah..but average consumer do fall for that marketing...to be fair though..LTE and wimax are a lot more efficient then HSPA+..reason sprint one is so slow is due to them only running it in 10mhz of spectrum..(probably because they wanted to keep room open for TD-LTE)

And as I said..Google is probably out to conquer the world...I dont want Google to win at anything..I personally cant wait till Amazon releases their Android marketplace to take Android away from Google more...I personally prefer Google search over bing and etc..but I dont believe Google should leverage companies into using ALL of their stuff over competitors or else they wont get access to the marketplace..(talking about the Skyhook thing)..and I would gladly welcome MeeGo into the market as well..All I want is an OS that lets ya tinker with it..and open source is a big plus...

Google does a lot of cool things..but I dont want them to have too much power either...

Dr.8820 03-07-2011 01:49 PM

i hear you, don't want to get too far off-topic lol. i can admit that NO carrier has it right yet....tmo kicks ass in the data dept., but my texts and calls are wacky....with sprint, my calls and texts are crystal..data sucks. i just wish some of the good phones would come to sprint and not tmo...they're 4th for a reason :D (typed on the trusty tp2 lol)

Bonbons 03-14-2011 08:03 AM

An Evo 3D?